shield vs 9c?

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by rurak, Aug 6, 2012.

1. rurak

rurak New Member

What are everyones thoughts on the shield in 9mm vs. A 9c for ccw? Im torn between the two and cant afford both :(

2. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

I have the 9C as my EDC now and love it. The shield is smaller so it's really about which one feels better in your hand. Have you picked up and fondled both?

3. tacticalfun

tacticalfun Active Member

I also carry the 9c but almost had the shield instead

4. rurak

rurak New Member

Hahaha yeah ive "fondled" both of them plenty! The 9c fits better. I have large hands. Is the shield da only?

5. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

M&P's are striker fired.

6. rurak

rurak New Member

Forgive my ignorance but that means no hammer so long trigger pull right?

7. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

Yep but with an Apex trigger it can be a lighter pull.

8. rurak

rurak New Member

So a 9c will be da on the first pull and sa from then on???

9. silverado113

silverado113 New Member

No a striker fire pistol is different in that the firing pin is spring loaded. So when pulling back on the trigger you are essentially pulling the firing pin back and when it gets to a certain point the pin is released striking the primer and so on. So basically if you want to relate it to SA/DA then it's DAO but by true definition of SA/DA it's neither because there isn't a hammer.

10. rurak

rurak New Member

I understand. Thank you

11. mag318

mag318 Member

I consider the Shield to be a slimmed down single stack version of the M&P9c. I own both and I think the 9c feels better in hand but both conceal well and the Shield has a slight advantage for hot weather concealment. I own and like both models so I think you'd be well served by which ever you choose.

Attached Files:

12. rurak

rurak New Member

Thanks for the input. I live in massachusetts so the max capacity i can own in a handgun is 10 rounds so capacity doesnt matter. Im thinking ill get a 9c now and get a shield for the wife when the become mass compliant