Shield vrs 9C

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by WhiskeyHotel313, Jul 9, 2015.

1. WhiskeyHotel313

WhiskeyHotel313 New Member

i know they are both viable options for concealed carry, but is the ammo capacity of the 9C worth the extra bulk? IWB concealment.

2. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

I own both, and carry both. The Shield conceals easier, but only has 8+1. In the carry magazine the 9c is 10+1. The biggest difference is the 17 round magazine for the 9c that you can use for backup.

You need to make the decision if you think you will need more rounds in the backup mag. With a good holster (I use an Alien Gear IWB) you can conceal the 9c, and the random magazine carrier I bought at a gun show will conceal the 17 round mag well.

Like I say, I have not made the decision yet. I carry both. Probably the Shield more often. It does take up lass space than the 9c.

3. sweeper22

sweeper22 New Member

Personal preference, nothing more.

I carry single-stacks (XDs 9mm/45acp) exclusively in the warmer half of the year, and really I usually choose them in the winter as well. They're convenient and I shoot them well. I might have a higher capacity contingency in the car with plenty of spare mags...just in case.

4. Donn

Donn Active Member

I've got both, like them both. The Shield gets the carry call most of the time as it's easier to conceal. Don't give the capacity issue much thought, haven't had to draw/fire my weapon in anger,,, yet.

5. WhiskeyHotel313

The shield does sound like a viable option

6. flphotog

flphotog New Member

Actually the 9c is the smallest gun I carry, never been a fan of the shield, not even sure why they call it an M&P, it doesn't have the ergonomics of the M&P series.

7. WhiskeyHotel313

Do you have big hands?

8. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

In my house we have a mouse gun, single stack, and dbl stack.

I prefer the dbl stack, wife prefers the single stack. For concealing, not a whole lot of diff between the two, but I OC 95% of the time. If I really really really need to conceal, then i carry the mouse gun.

9. ArmaDynamics

ArmaDynamics New Member

I carry the 9c daily. I'm 6'1 220, so I can conceal it rather easily. Plus everyone carries cellphone holders nowadays so it's easier to get away with a bigger edc.

10. WhiskeyHotel313

I'm 6"1 195 in good shape, I'm no Greek god but I'm in good shape, so if it works for you I believe it'll work for me, my brother is about the same build as me and he has a 9c that conceals pretty well for him when he wears t shirts and dickies

11. jcurt172

jcurt172 New Member

5'10" and 165 lbs. my 9c conceals easily. I carry with 12 round mag and a spare 17 rnd mag from my full size M&P. Also love the fact that both fit the same holster. Love this pistol!

12. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member