Shield holster

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by MadeInAmerica, Jul 5, 2014.

1. MadeInAmerica

MadeInAmerica New Member

Hey guys, I was just wondering if any of you could give me some advice on a holster for my shield. I currently have a desantis leather iwb, but it feels rather bulky, and isn't the most comfortable.

2. toroboy

toroboy New Member

A Galco deep concealment holster works well for me with the Shield.

Sent from my iPhone using Firearms Talk

3. jon2868

jon2868 New Member

I have a Old Faithful IWB holster for my M&P 9c and love it. I just recently acquired a Shield for my wife and am planning on getting one for her as well. It is much like the Crossbreed type of holster only at half the cost. Got it partially constructed and finished it myself for $40 total. They send you all the hardware + extras. I forget I have it on when I am wearing it with my 9c.

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk

4. MadeInAmerica

MadeInAmerica New Member

That sounds awesome to me, I'll check it out. I have been eyeing crossbreed type holsters but never wanted to drop that kind of money on a holster while I'm looking at purchasing another firearm

5. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

I have a gun show molded Kydex IWB that fits like a charm, is comfortable all day long and only cost $35.00.

6. mardee

mardee New Member

I have a 9mm shield and use an IWB from n82tactical.com. I have tried several IWB holsters and this is the one I use every day. It is so comfortable I can wear it all day and almost forget it is there. None of the gun touches bare skin.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2014
  7. jughead

jughead New Member

I use the alien tactical iwb, also can order a custom for a laser if installed. I have the crimson trace laser and the shell is designed to accept it perfectly

8. mdr6370

mdr6370 New Member

9. MadeInAmerica

MadeInAmerica New Member

I think I'll be ordering an alien holster, I've looked into it, and I also feel as though I will be getting a laser on the gun aswell, so that seems like a very good and cheap option. Thank you all for the recommendations, they all seemed like great options, making my decision even harder :p

10. Digvideo

Digvideo New Member

Triple T holsters are made with medical grade leather on the skin side with the backside of the fasteners sandwiched between the layers of leather. As far as I know, other holster makers leave the back of screws on the inside which aren't smooth and in some cases rust.
    There website isn't fancy but I love their double clip IWB at $70.00
    Other holsters are cheaper but you get what you pay for.
    www.tripletholsters.com

11. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I have a holster similar to this one for my Glock 19. I carry it outside the waistband without any issues. A T shirt is all I need to conceal the G19. Your shield is kind of small for all those giant IWB holsters. Your shield should be about as difficult as a tape measure to conceal and it actually should wear about like a tape measure.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/85...d-p-shield-leather-black?cm_vc=ProductFinding

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2014
  12. wolfmanin2010

wolfmanin2010 New Member

I use a versa carry with my shield 40

13. bigguns21

bigguns21 New Member

14. GunLover528

GunLover528 New Member

N82 tacticle. Best and safest holster in my opinion. Deff the most comfortable.

15. Okie_6Shooter

Okie_6Shooter New Member

Agreed on the N82. Great CC holster. I own 4 of them

16. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I have a holster similar to the DeSantis Sof-Tuck. You can remove the belt clip for pocket carry. You will find the Sof-Tuck to be the most versatile holster you can buy. I have no problems carrying a G19 in a holster similar to the Sof-Tuck both in my pocket and in the waistband. You can see the Sof-Tuck will position your Shield high and tight. I like my gun to be positioned above my hip.
    http://www.midwayusa.com/product/23...p-shield-leather-natural?cm_vc=ProductFinding

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
  17. Anch368

Anch368 New Member

I highly recommend the Crossbreed MiniTuck. My wife carries the 9 and I carry the 40 and we both love the holsters. My wife has a small build and the holster looks like it is bulky for iwb but she loves how comfortable it is. If you do go with one get the horsehide leather upgrade. Never found a holster that conceals as well or is as comfortable as this one. You can adjust the ride height and cant and don't need to put a shirt between it and your skin, you will barely notice it's there. They are a bit on the pricey side depending on your budget but they offer a lifetime guarantee on their holsters so if anything happens just send it back. I have had no issues with mine and I have worn it everyday for the past year.

18. Balls004

Balls004 New Member

I have both the Crossbreed MiniTuck and and a G-code Haley Strategic IWB appendix and much prefer the appendix carry. Easier to conceal either a Shield or a Full Size, and once you get used to appendix carry, it is as comfortable and much faster (as well as covert) to the draw as a 3 to 5 o'clock holster.

19. StaleTrooper

StaleTrooper New Member

Any recommendations on jackass style shoulder rigs for the M&P?
    I had a Bianchi jackass that I carried a Charter Arms snubby in. it rode high & tight, and drew straight down and a little forward. It had an adjustable spring retention feature that was smoother than Grandma's thigh, yet held tighter than a 16 yr old's Yahoo!
    I'm experimenting with a Kydex-type material, have a pretty good working model, just need to figure a way to hang it.

20. 13Bravo

13Bravo New Member

ImageUploadedByFirearms Talk1458866195.040616.jpg

Best holster ever.