Sheriff sued over denial of CCW and...you'll love this!

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Jeepix, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Jeepix

Jeepix New Member

This guy sued a Sheriff over being denied a CCW. The judge not only saw no reason why the guy should be denied the CCW, but ordered the Sheriff to take a college level course about the Constitution!

Read it! It's hilarious! :)
    Iowa Judge - CCW

2. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

That is awesome. Glad the judge had his head on straight when he ruled on this case.

3. Jeepix

Jeepix New Member

I know! I was laughing so hard when I read it! We have a sheriff in O.C. that needs a judge to do this to her!

4. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

So there is one judge in the US that is doing his job. He isn't creating laws, he is upholding the consitution.

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Great example of Uber Dumbass. Unfortunately, folks like the sheriff are rarely dumb enough to publicly state the real reasons they take some actions.

For those that said "So, one judge...." Yep- but it is a start. And becomes case law.

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

You can't fix stupid!

I think they need a new sheriff and after this debacle, they may just hire one.

7. freefall

freefall New Member

Too cool! Now that Iowa's a Shall Issue state, and at least one judge knows what the law means, maybe they'll reciprocate and I can carry next time I'm down here.

8. alan

alan New Member

I had seen this story elsewhere. To say the very least, it's INTERESTING.

9. TheDaggle

TheDaggle Member

Is the election over yet? Vote for Bill Hunt. He has promised to make OC a 'shall issue county'

If it makes you feel any better, here in Santa Barbara county it's even worse. To meet the requirements for an SBC CCW you have to submit to a full psychiatric evaluation, but it doesn't matter because Bill Brown still won't issue when you pass, that's just their policy.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  10. hnealg

hnealg New Member

Gotta like him

This judge has no hope of making the Supreme Court...as long as the Dems stay in control....sheesh! Or in other words, "Well Done, Your Honor!"

11. collegekid20

collegekid20 New Member

nice to see one judge with his head screwed on straight

12. M1Hound

M1Hound New Member

CCW Laws - they are a' changin

In Sacramento County, California we have elections coming up in November that will include Sheriff. Candidate Scott Jones, who is not a politician but a street cop who has worked his way up to near the top, has told me personally that he will convert Sacramento County to "shall issue" once he is elected. With budget problems here, our law enforcement community has shrunk to a point where only the highest priority calls can be handled on a code 3 basis, everything else waits - forget about patrols and crime prevention - not enough money. I am glad this county is waking up to value of "shall issue" CCW rules. There are several counties in California that are already shall issue and, of course, crimes rates are significantly lower in those areas. Even though we are on the "left" coast we seem to be leaning a little more to the right. Plus, Arnie will gone this time around as well.

13. TheDaggle

TheDaggle Member

Scott Jones you say? I have a female family member up there who I'd like to be armed if possible. I will have to tell her about him, hound. Thanks.

14. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

He have any relatives in New Jersey interested in running? :)

15. JSDinTexas

JSDinTexas New Member

Move to Texas and you can have all the guns you want to carry

In fact, we look twice at those that don't have one :D

16. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

Outstanding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!