Sheild 40 to 9mm conversion??

Discussion in 'M&P Forum' started by GunLover528, Feb 2, 2014.

1. GunLover528

GunLover528 New Member

Just picked up the sheild in 40 and was wondering if anyone knew where to find a conversion barrel or if they even started making them. Lone wolf or storm lake doesn't seem to have them.

2. roguejesse

roguejesse New Member

I think I recall reading about someone doing the conversion.

Search this forum or USA Carry

Jesse

3. GunLover528

GunLover528 New Member

4. MaineMan

MaineMan New Member

Why would you want to change a 40 to a 9? if you don't mind me asking.

5. GunLover528

GunLover528 New Member

I don't mind. I have three 9mm and round a thousand rounds laying around. I want the forty for ccw. Where I'm from 9mm is cheaper to shoot than 40

6. MaineMan

MaineMan New Member

fair enough

7. roguejesse

roguejesse New Member

I wonder if there is a difference in the extractors between the 9mm and the .40S&W.

If there is, I would imagine the .40S&W extractor might not grip the 9mm as well. And cause FTE.

Jesse

8. GunLover528

GunLover528 New Member

Most videos I seen it extracted fine. But it is always possible. My glock works perfectly converted tho

9. byxlaw

byxlaw Member Supporter

I compared a .40 and a 9mm side by side, just like a guy in a famous video (somewhere on utube). The only two differences are the barrels' bore sizes, barrels' "hood" widths and slides' "hood" notches widths. I tried to swap slide assemblies, just barrels, etc. All functioned perfectly, in "dry" conditions - without firing, just manual cycling. Even .40 mags worked fine for 9mm configurations. Keep in mind that a .40 barrel would not fit to a 9 mm slide - the "hood" is a bit wider. There are some good detailed posts here and elsewhere. Surely more concise than my synopsis.