She tries

Discussion in 'Ammunition & Reloading' started by lbwar15, Apr 18, 2012.

1. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

So the wife supports me in stocking ammo as much as she can. She just told me she bought a case of the 12 ga ammo in the picture and some .223 varmint loads. I mostly use these 12ga shells for skeet shooting. Other than killing birds and small critters is there any other good use for them in a shtf situation. How will the 12ga and .223 varmint do on a actual person is really what I'm asking. As far as what brand and kind of .223 varmint I dont know. I work off shore and won't be home for another week. So I have not seen them and she is working so I can't talk to her at the moment.

2. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Here is the picture I for got to put it up.

Attached Files:

3. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

They will do exactly what they are intended to do. Kill

4. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Birdshot (the 7 1/2 shot depicted) CAN produce a fatal wound at point blank range- is more likely to wound, which would discourage a lot of folks and give them cause to think about the error of their ways. Also useful for harvesting small game, barter, etc.

.223 Varmint loads? Kills varmints. Broad definition of varmint.

Hey- if she got the caliber/ gauge right, she did not do badly!

5. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

Yea that's true. She said she paid like $24 for 40 varmint loads. I said why look right beside it. Could have got 80 American eagle fmj's for that. and those are people loads

6. BlueTurf

BlueTurf New Member

Yes, they will.

7. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

True indeed. I unloaded my Mossberg 590A1 at the range with 00 buckshot and rifled slugs. I will feel sorry for whoever receives its results come one burglary day. A powerful invention. :eek:

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

How are you defining "varmint load". 40 gr SXT's are not the best choice for SHTF, but would certainly make a nasty wound. I damn sure would not volunteer to take on to the chest to test the effectiveness. 55gr ballistic tip could be considered a varmint load. This would be far more formidable. 55gr FMJ American Eagles are hardly the best choice for SHTF. It is FMJ. You can expect to either punch a hole through the target or get a nasty yaw that will be devastating.

9. levelcross

levelcross New Member

+1 for her trying to buy more ammo, now time to teach her about what to buy. It might not be easy to do, I'm still getting the shoe education from my wife.:rolleyes:

10. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

count your blessings .... she could have bought shoes :eek: .... or a lifetime supply of shamwos and slapchops :eek:

11. lbwar15

lbwar15 New Member

She dose pretty good. She knows what I usually buy. She said she was looking for the 100 round pack of federal fmj. She asked the guy at the counter if they had any 100 count boxes and he said no but they have 40 round boxes and she got it without paying attention.