Sharpening System?

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by jeepcreep927, Feb 13, 2011.

1. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

I have always used a stone and oil, but recently observed that I can't keep a proper angle to save my life. Can anyone suggest a good knife sharpening system for around $100-$125? The ability to touch up serrated blades would be a big plus. Thanks.

2. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

PM J.D. on this. He has a system, it looks like a freakin mirror on the edge when he's done.

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Jeep - I have two set ups, one is for sale as I have found the one that I will not part with.

The first is a Lansky (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f41/jds-shot-show-clearance-36344/ ) and it's a great system for most blade applications.

The second, the one I used for the knife I sent Benning, is from Benji Dale in Oregon and is called the Edge Pro Apex Sharpening System. While this system won't do concave blades well, like a Karambit, it will sharpen the hell out of just about any other blade on the planet.

Ask Benning to show you some picks of the Mil-Tac I sharpened for him. :cool:

JD

4. jeepcreep927

jeepcreep927 New Member

Done done and done. Thanks guys, for spending my money before I get a chance to cash the check...

5. mach1337

mach1337 New Member

Jeep i have the Lansky shapening system. its pretty good for the money! you can get a really nice edge with some time. i used it on my izula after i dulled it cuttin tennis balls. back to factory sharp in a few mins!

6. Neophyte1

Neophyte1 New Member