Shark Week!!

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by ShagNasty1001, Aug 4, 2013.

1. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

It's like Christmas in August! This is by far my favorite week all year long, and I am the most unproductive person ever during it. I'm a certified scuba diver (working on the master certification but work gets in the way all the time) and its always been a goal of mine to travel to Africa to dive with the big ol white sharks and watch them breach along with a hunting safari for a lion (weird obsession). Anyways, am I the only one crazy for this week? If not, what's your favorite part, what do you do, etc.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 4, 2013
  2. sputnik1988

sputnik1988 Active Member

I used to watch shark week every year when I was a kid, haven't caught it in a number of years though:(

3. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

I don't set my schedule by Shark Week, but seem to catch a lot of the shows.

I have had quite a few dives with Sharks. (mostly Nurse and Black Tip )

4. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

I'm jealous you've gotten to dive with them. I've gotten to with octopus and barracuda but never the shark. I have caught one though

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

i would watch shark week if they feed every elected official in the nation to sharks every year

6. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

I would pay if they did that

7. Yeti

Yeti New Member

I just got to the U.S. a few days ago i got everything set up in my apartment, was about to go shooting and, I saw "Shark Week" on the television. I've been whatcing ever since.

8. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

Shark week, huh, never heard of it until now.

9. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

I dont usually watch much TV except football and baseball . However the kids had it on and it was pretty neat the way they track them all season long .

10. notdku

notdku Administrator Staff Member

Hells yeah, it's shark week!

11. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

Both Discover and NatGeo have "SHARK xxxxxxxx"
    Discovery Channel calls theirs "Shark Week"
    National Geographic calls it "Shark Fest"
    I think I have seen another channel jump in also.

Watched "Meglodon Lives" . Yeah... Maybe

12. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

And to think how easy it is to track the sharks once they have the tag on them . Under Obama care you will get the injection ID chip just like your pets and then we all will be on the radar just like the sharks ;)