Share Your 4th of July Experience

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by JW357, Jul 5, 2013.

1. JW357

JW357 New Member

Happy (belated) 4th to everyone! My favorite holiday of the year, hands down. Entirely because of what it means.

This year we kept it pretty simple. Went to the local parade, strippled my M&P, grilled with the wife, and went to some fireworks.

My daughter is 19 months old so last year she didn't pay much attention to the fireworks. This year she was all about them. Enthralled the whole time.

When it was all said and done my wife and I read the Declaration of Independence to our daughter. We're going to make a tradition of it.

Great day. What'd you all do?

2. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Rained all day...So I cleaned some guns and took a nap...

3. Chainfire

Chainfire Well-Known Member Supporter

We had a deluge of biblical proportions yesterday. I did nearly nothing all day.

4. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

I was blessed to be able to work up until 3 pm, then headed home and cooled off, got cleaned up, then headed over to our family's 4th of July pig roast!

Ate pig & drank beer. The highlight of the day is always seeing and getting a chance to catch up with relatives from out of state & friends that I don't see that often. Great crowd!:D

At sunset fireworks are set off & goodbyes are said, then it's back to our everyday lives.:)

5. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

What a great tradition.

I went to my son's in-laws place and had good food, good company and lots of laughs. There were about 20 of us there.

6. towboater

towboater Well-Known Member

Another day on a towboat.

7. CourtJester

CourtJester Well-Known Member

Went shooting in the morning, waxed the car in the afternoon ad went for a drive, and watched my kids set of fire works.
    Oddly enough; I've found as I've gotten older that it's as much fun watching my kids set off fire works as it was to set them off myself when I was their age.

8. HankStone

HankStone New Member

Solitary stayed home with Dogs,Family on my Sons Boat till Saturday.

9. JW357

JW357 New Member

Sounds like some of you had excellent 4ths. I'm sorry for those of you who had to work or weather didn't permit you to go out.

10. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

I stared into yesterday and found solace. ;)

11. TruggieTex

TruggieTex New Member

........profound....

Yesterday looked me over briefly and found evidence of 'sloth'

12. Daoust_Nat

Daoust_Nat Well-Known Member Supporter

Barbequed with neighbors and had a couple beers in the afternoon, and went home before dark. We have our daughter's neurotic Pomeranian dog. The dog sits and shakes at loud noises. Since in Florida you can buy fireworks that go bang (have to sign a paper that says you are a farmer scaring off birds....lots of farmland in FL, some as little as 1/5th of an acre!) it was a long evening comforting the little hound. My dog could care less.