Several Questions

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by James, Nov 12, 2009.

1. James

James New Member

1. I read people talking about SHTF ("stuff" hitting the fan) situations, but I have yet to read about TEOTWAWKI (the end of the world as we know it), especially when browsing the Survival & Sustenance Living forum. Is this forum just more about bad situations than complete meltdowns? Or have I just not been around here long enough to read about them?

2. I've been reading about time references, like 1 o'clock, etc. Is this like a reference to one's belt, and where you carry your weapon?

3. What does DAO stand for?

4. BG stand for "bad guy"?

5. Does Condition 1 mean carrying with a round in the chamber?

6. I've heard some about "mall ninjas" here. I looked it up, and it seems to me they're men between the ages of 17-25 who hang out at the mall wearing their tactical gear while sporting delusions of granduer (the Dale Gribble type). Is this all it means? It may have been a while since my last trip to the mall, but I've never seen anyone matching this description.

7. I have a question to post to the Legal & Politics forum, but I'm not allowed to. There are other forums whose threads I can't even read. Is the requirement 25 posts and/or 30 days experience? I've read some posts about this, but couldn't find anything final or definitive.

I'm sure I'll have more questions in the future. Thanks for responding.

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

1. This is a firearms forum - not anything else.

2. You got it. Noon is your buckle, 3 o'clock would be exactly over the right hip.

3. Double action only.

4. Yup

5. In a 1911 it means round in the chamber, cocked, and safety on.

6. Yup, it is slang for the uber-tacticool types that run around in cammies pretending they're Delta force.

7. The minimum post requirement prevents troll infestations. Lots of folks like to stir up trouble in the L&P section.

3. Jusselin

Jusselin New Member

very well said

4. James

James New Member

I know this, but I've read a lot about SHTF and BOB's and all. Is TEOTWAWKI not related?

Is it 25 posts? I just want to know how long I've got to wait to post my question. It's like 95% legal and 5% political, and I think that would be the best forum to post. It's got to do with "molon labe", the term everyone loves and keeps in their signatures and avatars. I don't want to be one of those troublemakers who only posts in the Legal & Political forum and who starts fights. I honestly want users' opinions on a question I have.

Thanks