Several blades

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by Shoobee, Jan 3, 2012.

1. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

Whenever I go hunting, or hiking, or take to the field range targets at the archery range, I always have several blades with me. They each perform a specific function and they are all necessary.

- the hatchett chops off branches that may be overhanging across the trail, and when field dressing, I use this to split open the rib cage and pelvis of the carcass rather than dull my knife.

- the hunting knife on the belt is a dual blade skinning and gutting knife.

- the machete is for clearing brush or bushes choking the trail, and as a weapon if I need one against four legged or two legged predators, anytime I don't have my Smith&Wesson or Remington with me in the field.

- the jack knife is my backup, goes with me wherever I go. One of the first things my father taught me, besides always telling the truth and never playing with fire, is always to carry a knife.

Attached Files:

2. spack762

spack762 New Member

Nice set up.
    My father also told me to carry a knife. I still have the first knife he gave all those years ago. Dont carry it, keeping it safe to pass diwn again.
    Now i carry two or more knivies everyday, home, work or field.
    My leatherman freestyle, and my ColdSteel ReconScout. Between those two i can handle just about any task.

3. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

what brand of hatchet is that? ive been thinking of getting one

4. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

The hatchett is called a "Trailblazer." I got it at the local premier outdoors sporting good store.

I like it because of the angle on the handle.

Attached Files:

5. jjfuller1

jjfuller1 New Member

thanks. i saw gerber has one that looks similar. thats why i asked.... your picture reminds me of 782 gear lol

6. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

Exactly. That's how I set it up, to duplicate 782 gear.

I got the belt and water bottle pouch at a local high end camping store, the suspenders at a hardware store, and the pouch at a GI Surplus store. The blades were a special order from the Sportsmans' Supply catalog. Note also the hook which holds the bow, when you are glassing with binos.

The pouch holds a small tube of TP and a sandwich or bag of dried fruit. Plus also a couple of archery tools. The machete is positioned so I can draw it quickly on an archery hunt if need be. In Calif during the archery season you are not allow to bring a firearm.

7. Shoobee

Shoobee New Member

These are the twin fangs. At least one of them goes with me everywhere. Sometimes both.

Attached Files: