Serious Fraud In US Unemployment Systems

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by alsaqr, May 31, 2020.

1. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Imagine being laid off from work, reporting to your state's unemployment office and being told you already signed up for unemployment benefits. This has happened to thousands of laid off Oklahoma workers.

"Former Oklahoma Employment Security Commission Director Robin Roberson has said thousands of fraudulent unemployment claims blocked legitimate claimants from receiving benefits. Roberson resigned last week as the agency came under fire for unpaid jobless claims.

The agency announced on Wednesday that its governing board voted 5-0 to hire Shelley Zumwalt as its interim director. Zumwalt is a former budget analyst and communications director at the Office of Management and Enterprise Services."

https://www.usnews.com/news/best-st...ls-report-92-new-covid-19-cases-4-more-deaths

This is happening in numerous other states.

towboater likes this.
  2. boatme98

boatme98 Well-Known Member

I'm shocked! Shocked, I say!

Gatoragn likes this.

3. microadventure

microadventure Well-Known Member

it would not be worth having to interface with the pickle pussed drizzling **** hagged out harridans at the unemployment office. every one I ever dealt with knew you were taking money from her purse for hookers and blow.

4. boatme98

boatme98 Well-Known Member

There isn't a single taxpayer funded entity thats not rife with corruption from the top down.

ellis36 and Gatoragn like this.
  5. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Well-Known Member Supporter

600 Uncle Sugar dollars per week will bring out the best techno-geek hackers on the planet.

towboater, ellis36 and boatme98 like this.
  6. donthav1

donthav1 Well-Known Member

This is all over the US. Some of it is a group of hackers from Nigeria, they've already taken millions.

2 weeks ago someone filed for unemployment in my bosses name & the unemployment office sent out more than $1000 before realising they been had.

alsaqr likes this.
  7. Nmwabbit

Nmwabbit Well-Known Member

guess i shouldn't tell you dead people regularly vote in national/state elections...:(:(

towboater and boatme98 like this.
  8. G66enigma

G66enigma Well-Known Member

Smart fraudsters. Know a system's basic weaknesses ... then, exploit them.

Imagine even one payment from the nation's ~40M out-of-work folks: a minimum of $600 * 40M = a lot of "green." Even if just the "smash and grab" type thing that gets shut down the very next week. A tempting, juicy target, for those who are talented and unscrupulous enough.

alsaqr likes this.
  9. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Virtually all the states unemployment insurance systems are antiquated. The programs are written in COBOL. Most colleges and universities stopped teaching COBOL in the 1980s.

Someone had to know that the systems would be ripped off. No doubt the states had been ripped off on a much smaller scale for years.