Serious 9mm. !

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by dango, Mar 25, 2013.

1. dango

dango Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I'm going to turn one of my G-17,s into a dead , spot on target shooter . Just ordered a 9" barrel from Lone Wolf and am looking for a 4x,s Scope.! Anybody else put a scope on their Glock..? Where would I start and who makes a good set up..?

2. Kraj

Kraj New Member

Have you seen the 17L or the 34? 9 inches is really far off the frame. As far as a scope I would look into red dots

3. dango

The scope is not a major pick . I've been looking at all kinds of scopes , there is some research in finding how to attach the scope to a semi-auto..! Takes some weird hard ware , maybe drilling and tapping the frame..? ! The 9" barrel , I'm thinking a 50 + yard gun..! Kicks is all and I've got a couple of 17,s + parts so just a plinker , a novelty , maybe even a small game getter ..! :)

4. derpie

derpie New Member

Get an 17 L slide, install a trijicon rmr sight . Install on any of your 17 frames wallah done.

5. dango

Thanks and I'll look at it . Just a matter of time and money , trying to get all things for reloads , have up graded to loading my own .45/70,s.! Save some major $$$,s.! 20 rounds for $50+ $$$,s , Eeeek..! :confused:

6. derpie

derpie New Member

I feel your pain, reloading is where it's at.

7. cotex

cotex New Member

Sunday shot my edc 19 with a delta point on it and I can't wait to get back into reloading because for the first time in years we ran out of ammo and I was like "nnnnnnnooooooo!"
    So easy to shoot further away and the accuracy was/ is amazing, I want another now.

Last edited: Mar 26, 2013
  8. derpie

derpie New Member

Sounds good , can you post pics of your edc with delta point ? I'd like to set up a g22 like that.

9. jgoertz

jgoertz New Member

Just for FYI, my G22 w/JPoint red dot.

Attached Files:

10. dango

^ I like it .....................! :)

11. derpie

derpie New Member

Yeahs that's nice how about a pic of the sight picture ?

12. dango

^ yeah , that would be kool....! :)

13. cotex

cotex New Member

The only thing is I'm almost of ammo in caliber

Attached Files:

14. jgoertz

jgoertz New Member

Thru the phone camera, so not very good.

I chose the J-Point because it had the highest g-rating (5,000 g's) and it was one of the least expensive.

15. jgoertz

jgoertz New Member

Edit

The dot is on the laser trainer I use for dry firing.

Attached Files:

16. cotex

cotex New Member

It's the 7.5 triangle and it sighted for the tip, just the tip!

image-1469675173.jpg

17. derpie

derpie New Member

Yeah that sweet indeed now I just gotta decide on which one also I want to get it magna ported. Hmmmn 22, 23 or 24 decisions ,decisions.

18. dango

Like a kid in a candy store , what to buy....? :confused:

19. cotex

cotex New Member

Ya thought it would be nice to to Have the 30 ported with new barsto barrel maybe look at the Zev tech co. Also looks interesting. Ith the next one will be a trijicon rmr on either the 30 or the gk45c ? I don't know.

20. derpie

derpie New Member

Excellent choices , I've decided to do a g22 with the following ported, lightened connector, np3 coating and either and rmr or leopold optic. Also a 357 sig barrel done too. Also I've seen an FNP 45 setup already for a optic but I don't too much about there pistol line. But it does have an threaded barrel which I would not port.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013