Separate, Visible Supporting Member Thread

Discussion in 'FirearmsTalk Support and Suggestions' started by IGETEVEN, Jun 29, 2011.

1. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Separate, Visible how to become a Supporting Member Thread

Can we maybe get a SEPARATE and MORE VISIBLE How to become a Supporting Member information thread. I have had several forum members PM me confused somewhat, asking about the process and what forms of payment are accepted to become a SM. :confused:

So Boss, would it be possible to give it it's own highly visible thread in this section, with expanded instructions making the upgrade process easier to find and do? :cool:

http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/...alk-get-upgrades-your-account-plus-decal.html

Last edited: Jun 29, 2011
  2. Shooter

Shooter Administrator Staff Member

I have an Announcement and an ad in the NAVBAR that says "Premium Membership Info" with a little graphic.

My announcement title is "Help Support FirearmsTalk and Get Upgrades to Your Account Plus Decal" .. Any suggestions on a better title to catch people's eye.

3. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

Move it to top of the forum. Bolder italics, title it in CAPITAL letters, throw some different eye catching COLORS in the title.

Hell, add anything to the title that will make it stand out like a Fat kid in a "Feed the Children" commercial and draw one's attention. :D

4. Jpyle

Jpyle New Member

Its been a while since I registered so I don't remember if there is a system generated welcome message but perhaps such a message could be generated along with a plug for SM status, or perhaps a follow up at a 100 or 500 post count if new members are less inclined to sign up for SM.