SentrySafe Mistake

Discussion in 'Gun Safes' started by SB777, May 25, 2014.

1. SB777

SB777 New Member

So I bought a small SentrySafe at BJ's to put at my vacation place to store one pistol and some important documents when I'm there. Worked the combination and dual lock key several times before locking anything up, as suggested in the owners manual, and did notice the handle a bit tight but thought it might work out over time. Wouldn't you know it the first time I locked up my Sig 1911 I couldn't get it opened. The handle dropped to the open position after putting in the combination but I couldn't open the door. Tried prying it with a screwdriver But I guess the lock bolts did not retract. Looks like I need a demo saw to get to my Sig. SentrySafe is a piece of crap.

Attached Files:

2. Airborne1

Airborne1 Member

I wouldn't trust a sentry safe with much of anything!
    They might be somewhat fire safe, but you can usually get into one pretty easy from the ones I have seen.

3. SB777

SB777 New Member

Yes, lesson learned.

4. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

Oh, I don't know. It seems to be slowing SB777 down pretty good.:D

5. JonM

JonM Moderator

i think your right. seems pretty secure to me. he aint gettin that sig out anytime soon....

6. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

Call Sentry safe and ask for help or suggestions.

7. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

all he needs is a four year old child with a butter knife and it will open in no time flat!:p

8. SB777

SB777 New Member

Actually was quit a exercise. Mainly due to the fact I don't have a good collection of tools up at the vacation place. Was able to borrow a pair of pry bars from a friend and eventually got it open but it wasn't easy - even though I knew the combination.

9. TekGreg

TekGreg Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Sentry Safe is probably a secretly government-owned company. They've programmed the safe to detect guns or ammo and lock permanently. Gun owners are so stupid and lazy that they'll never get the guns out. Obama grabs the guns quickly and quietly and keeps them locked up - Obama for the win!! :mad:

Let this be a lesson to you gun owners - always check the political affiliation of your gun safe. Now I gotta go check out this GM (Government Motors) feature called "OnStar" where a government-owned company can track you, start, stop and open your doors or trunk of your car by satellite, and even talks to you! Sounds too 1984-Orwellian to me! :eek:

I'll keep ya posted. Stay paranoid! :cool:

10. SB777

SB777 New Member

Oh s#%t, and I had OnStar too. I'm screwed.:eek:

11. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

yep, you're screwed! now with the OnStar, they know exactly where the safe is!:eek:

run SB!:D

12. SB777

SB777 New Member

I've had a theory for a couple of years now ever since 60 Minutes ran a story about the Chinese manufactured computer chips that go into the Air Force's F-18 fighter jets. They also make most of the chips that go into our computers, cell phones, ATM machines and, yes, the OnStar equipment.:eek:

I believe the Chinese Prime Minister has a big red button on his desk and one day, when he's ready, he pushes that button and every electronic device in the U.S. goes bonkers.:eek:

In the meantime, maybe the Chinese Prime Minister is watching OnStar.:eek:

I'm sure this is meant for a different forum.:rolleyes:

13. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

OP, I coulda told you that. I had the electronic model, and it would on occasion refuse to open. At one point, I knew it probably wouldn't open again, so I left it unlocked, and told the wife not to lock it. Well, she locked it. So, it took me 7 min to pry it open with a framing hammer and flatbar. That time included throwing it out a 2nd story window. Interesting that it probably would have taken me 1/2 the time with the same tools if the thing had been bolted down. Try a gun-specific safe, one of the larger pistol ones. Ya might have better luck.

14. SB777

SB777 New Member

Success!!!:rolleyes:

Attached Files:

15. TekGreg

Stay away from SB! He talks to his car...and vice-versa! :p

Congrats on getting the safe open! Although, I think someone owes you a replacement. Tell them it was necessary to access the items in the safe and you HAD to get in now!

Last edited: May 26, 2014
  16. TekGreg

Yeah, it's the sub forum, "Government, Paranoia and Tin-Foil Hats." The problem is, the paranoids hid it so well from the government that we can't find it. :(

17. SB777

SB777 New Member

So.....doesn't everyone?:confused:

18. Airborne1

Airborne1 Member

Not me Brother! I talk to myself when I want a little more intelligent conversation. And besides............ there is no chance of the government finding out what the conversation was about, because I forgot too!

19. JTJ

JTJ Well-Known Member Supporter

They listened on the cell phone you had in your pocket.:rolleyes:

20. Steel_Talon

Steel_Talon New Member

:d lol lol lol lol....:d:d:d