Firearms Talk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this is the right place, admens please move if necessary.

Did anyone else watch this on TV?

What are your thoughts.

My thoughts are that there where straight out lies,:mad:

James Johnson Baltimore County, MD Police Chief, had a big agenda, most Dems who wanted anti-gun confirmation would go to him, :mad:

there was a professor cant remember his name or where he was from but he was knowledgeable on the Heller DC case, he answered pretty good, and most of the time in favor of the 2 amendment.:)

Wayne LaPierre, wish he wouldn't ramble on just answer the question straight out.:confused:

Mark Kelly husband of Gabrielle Giffords, had an agenda, him and James Johnson both kept pushing the gun show loophole, wanting background checks on private sales, and ban large capacity mags. :eek:

·
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
7,515 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
T N is seen as a rock star turned gun wacko.
Heston was a good speaker, as most actors are.

What we have is a system of government that is now fallen out of the established system of constitutional law, and fallen into the hands of a military industrial complex controlled by mega business leaders.

The law once stood for the common worker. Today, it is becoming uncommon to work, and many others don't even want to work.

We are doomed. Circling the drain.

G

·
I watched it. I didn't hear any lies. Wayne L. looked like an idiot. He could not compete with the big guys and thus looked like a politician trying to worm his way out of the argument by avoiding the question. He should have given a straight forward answer to the question. He was asked a simple yes or no question: "Do you approve of non dealers being allowed to buy a gun at a gun show without a background check?" Wayne would not answer but went out on a tangent and looked like he was avoiding the question. He made it obvious that his answer was "yes," but he never actually answered the question which made him look seedy and crooked. Yes, the NRA needs another Charleton Heston. What about Tom Selleck? He is an actor who is a member and he can speak. Someone needs to groom him to be a spokesman.
CT

·
Registered
825 Posts
I watched it. I didn't hear any lies. Wayne L. looked like an idiot. He could not compete with the big guys and thus looked like a politician trying to worm his way out of the argument by avoiding the question. He should have given a straight forward answer to the question. He was asked a simple yes or no question: "Do you approve of non dealers being allowed to buy a gun at a gun show without a background check?" Wayne would not answer but went out on a tangent and looked like he was avoiding the question. He made it obvious that his answer was "yes," but he never actually answered the question which made him look seedy and crooked. Yes, the NRA needs another Charleton Heston. What about Tom Selleck? He is an actor who is a member and he can speak. Someone needs to groom him to be a spokesman.
CT
I would support tom selleck as the speaker for the nra. I think that would be good.

·
Registered
1,718 Posts
I would support tom selleck as the speaker for the nra. I think that would be good.
Dont forget the Chucks...

Norris and Woollery.

They also do an excellent job. Wayne just gives off that used car saleman vib.

·
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
7,515 Posts
Dont forget the Chucks...

Norris and Woollery.

They also do an excellent job. Wayne just gives off that used car saleman vib.
Yes they would.

Henson Ong - Legal Immigrant's speech on 2nd Amendment from the gun violence prevention in Hartford, CT would be my choice:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY2JR92Scmk"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hY2JR92Scmk[/ame]

1 - 13 of 13 Posts