Senate 'Gun Control' Compromise Likely this week

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by chloeshooter, Apr 10, 2013.

1. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

It looks like what has been 'brokered' is basically closing the so-called 'gun show' loophole. Family transactions will not be on the radar.

What do you guys think? More will come out I'm sure, nothing is a 100% victory anymore in this world. If this indeed helps cut down on the straw trade I say go for it. If you are selling a gun at a show and your customer can't pass an FFL then should you be selling to that person anyway? My answer is simple: no way

Hopefully, this isn't that Nancy Pelosi kind of legislation that you have to "pass it to know what's in it". IHMO after the smoke clears 'this time', you will see more armed Americans than ever before!

2. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

I guarantee there is something hidden in the bill.

3. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

agreed. there always is.

4. JonM

JonM Moderator

Its exactly pass it to knowwhat it is type thing as there is no "gun show loophole" you do a transaction with a ffl you do a background check. There is no loophole for buying a gun from dealer simply because your in a gunshow.

Private sale is a private sale. Personally i think your pretty stupid to hand a firearm over to a complete stranger without knowing if that person is a felon or a wife beating stalker.

I think the nics system should be open to use for everyone not just ffl's. Just call up say if its a private sale or not give a name social dl whatever they tell you yes/no make your sale or say bye. No fee needed no paperwork needed. Just a yes no if this person is prohibited or not

5. StainlessSteel215

StainlessSteel215 New Member

Jon, THAT is the loophole considered by most people.

That fact that people conduct private sales in parking lots at places like gun shows. I have to agree there....there is just WAY too much risk involved specially when you dont freakin know the person! I mean cmon now, anyone with a brain can agree with that. People who would normally faila background check can easily swoop in....start up some mindless chit chat with a seller to build rapport and moments later....boom...you just sold a gun to a criminal. That has to stop, people should be prosecuted for an illegal transaction like that.

6. Rocky7

Rocky7 New Member

There is no gun show "loophole".

John Lott has shown that the only measurable effect of such laws has been to reduce the number of gun shows. Maybe that's what they really want?

ps: The % of guns acquired by felons at gun shows is miniscule.

pps: Good luck to you all with the Senate manoeuvrings. It is heartening to see so many senators determine to filibuster these irrational laws. Propaganda is never a good foundation for law and usually ends badly.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  7. ShagNasty1001

ShagNasty1001 New Member

Why not open up a NICS for the public to where you don't need a 4473 filled out? Like an app for an iPhone to where you just put in their name, social and drivers license number and get a yes/no response

8. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

That is far too much like common sense

The far left will call you low-brow gun nut, and the far right will call you government ass-kissing liberal.

How dare you inject common sense into the fight??:p

9. HankStone

HankStone New Member

Strange,But before all the gun laws we had inundate us,with more for sure on the way,we didn't have all the shootings and mass murder we have today.

Just thumb through an old Sears Roebuck Catalog,if you can find one,and whiteness American Freedom Lost over time..

10. Mongo

Mongo Active Member Supporter

I heard fienstien bragging on TV that she was going to put the assault weapons ban in as an add on to the bill.

At the gun shows here, anyone doing a private party sale on the property during the gun show will be arrested.

11. StainlessSteel215

Mongo...have you been to gun shows? Specially in more relaxed southern and northwestern states? Hell, even in my own state of PA? In theory your point is correct about illegal private sales/transfers.....but in practice its happening all across the states as we speak. It needs to stop. I'm sure they could work in exceptions like a family transfer but all sales and transfers need to happen on the books, by an FFL to prevent criminal purchases. My $.02

12. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

How many of the mass shooters purchased their guns through a backroom gun show deal?

I believe the answer is 0.

13. StainlessSteel215

So you define all gun crimes as the few mass shootings in America? How about the Crip or MS13 gang member who shaves up, throws on a polo shirt and presents himself as a seemingly responsible guy...sparks up a convo with a private gun seller at a convention and BAM...transaction complete.

MS13 gang member goes on to light up the neighboring rival gang and 3 innocent people including a child gets caught up in the crossfire.

I guess you dont care about "THOSE" people huh? Those innocent city folks being killed every day arent on your radar Mr. Mountain Man? Out of sight, out of mind? Well, Im here to tell you this happens almost daily in places like Philadelphia, Camden, and nearby cities. IT DOES HAPPEN.

14. rocshaman

rocshaman New Member

If this law is passed it will stop absolutely ZERO crime. We don't need any more gun laws! We need to enforce what's already on the books. If those nitwits up in DC need something to do with their time, they should start repealing stupid laws already on the books. Nowhere in the constitution does it give the federal government the right to do anymore about guns than what the 2nd amendment states. If you give them an inch they'll take a mile, then another one.

15. yoteseeker

yoteseeker New Member

If we compromise,we lose!It will be a victory for the anti's and they will not let us forget that they won.

16. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Yeah the tattooed G from the hood cleans up and goes to the gun show and sweet talks the guy at the counter. The only way to start to fix the problem you're referring to is CLOSE THE BORDER. You're talking about a gang of immigrant drug traffickers. Do they go to the pharmacy and sweet talk the guy at the counter to get the drugs? No they ship them in from Mexico and South America along with the guns and humans they traffic in.

17. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

Hey amigo can I get a gun? You can trust me hombre. Lmfao

Attached Files:

• ms13.jpg
      ms13.jpg
      File size:
      29.8 KB
      Views:
  18. StainlessSteel215

You are an idiot if you think they all look like this guy. Go back to watching Gangland on the Discovery channel Mr. gang expert.

The more organized gangs are businessmen. They dont even associate with tatted up soldier thugs.

19. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

The more organized businessmen gangs don't go around doing drivebys or calling themselves gangs for that matter. You get on their bad side and you end up in the trunk of your car parked in a lake.
    They also tend to have others do their dirty work and they would likely pass a background check anyway.

You have a bit of an attitude problem btw. Perhaps you're not fit to own guns.

20. ANAKINANAYA

ANAKINANAYA New Member

hey stainless i want to ask you this if u think all private sales should go thru an ffl who will pay for it i as hell would not especially if i was giving my firearms to my son's or daughter that just plain stupid. Our government lacks common sense. and all the years i was a police officer and a marine i learned that you can't fix stupid.