Sen. Feinstein suggests national buyback of guns

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by chrishiggin29, Dec 26, 2012.

1. chrishiggin29

chrishiggin29 Member

Sen. Feinstein suggests national buyback of guns

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., said that she and other gun control advocates are considering a law that would create a program to purchase weapons from gun owners, a proposal that could be compulsory.
    “We are also looking at a buy-back program,” Feinstein said today in a press conference. “Now, again, this is a work in progress so these are ideas in the development.”
    Gov. Andrew Cuomo, D-N.Y., already discussed the possibility of a buy-back law for his state, but he made clear it would be a forced buyback.

“Confiscation could be an option,” Cuomo told The New York Times yesterday when discussing semiautomatic weapons. “Mandatory sale to the state could be an option. Permitting could be an option — keep your gun but permit it.”

Australia implemented a mandatory buyback program in 1996 following a mass shooting. “The law banned semiautomatic and automatic rifles and shotguns and put in place a mandatory buy-back program for newly banned weapons,” USA Today recalls. “The buyback led to the destruction of 650,000 gun.”

2. CourtJester

CourtJester Active Member

Let me guess, they'll give me $100 and a lollipop for a $5200 semi automatic fire arm that would shoot through my brick wall and a car door in my drive way.

They're not being too creative there are they?

3. jack80

jack80 New Member

Just seen something on the news in Los Angela's they're buying back guns for $100 and an extra $100 for "assault" weapons. There were a ton of people turning in guns. Kinda scary

4. IDVague

IDVague New Member

The big problem there is that they don't care whose gun you turn in. Take a stolen gun to a pawn shop and it is going to be checked to see if it was stolen. Steal a gun one night and turn it in to the cops the next morning and you get $100 free and clear. It's nice to see the government subsidizing burglary. :confused:

5. jack80

jack80 New Member

I was thinkin about that. Looked like you drop it off and go with no paperwork. Murder someone and drop the evidence off to be destroyed. How convenient

6. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

There was an episode of 'Blue Bloods' that had this. A cop recognized a gold Desert Eagle used in a crime that was being thrown in the pile, had a video of the guy receiving his $100. They coudn't do anything about it because of the anonymity associated with the buyback program.

7. towboater

towboater Active Member

Mine AINT fore sale.

8. ctshooter

ctshooter New Member

Funny how they call it a " buy back " I didn't know the government ever owned my guns !? How can they buy something back that never belonged to them??

What ever they want to call it..... Not for sale!!!

9. FullautoUSA

FullautoUSA Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner Lifetime Supporter

I don't understand how they think they could possibly do so, they could never even do nation wide registration never mind nation wide buy backs.

10. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

EDIT BY MOD- The esteemed politician should find other ways of amusing herself.

Dog- not on the open forum C3

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2012
  11. vincent

vincent New Member

You stole my answer...ya bastid!!! :D

Myth: Gun “buy back” programs get guns off the
    streets
    Fact: According to the federal government, gun ‘buybacks’ have “no effect”.264
    Fact: “Buy backs” remove no more than 2% of the firearms within a community. And
    the firearms that are removed do not resemble guns used in crimes. “There has never
    been any effect on crime results seen”.265
    Fact: Up to 62% of people trading in a firearm still have another at home, and 27% said
    they would or might buy another within a year.266
    Fact: More than 50% of the weapons bought via a gun buy-back program were over 15
    years old, whereas almost half of firearms seized from juveniles are less than three years
    old.267
    Fact: According to a variety of sources, the actual effect is that gun buy-back programs:
    • Disarm future crime victims, creating new social costs
    • Give criminals an easy way to dispose of evidence
    • Are turned in by those least likely to commit crimes (the elderly, women, etc.)
    • Cheap guns are bought and sold back to the government for a profit
    • Cause guns to be stolen and sold to the police, creating more crime
    • Seldom return stolen guns to their rightful owners
    Fact: "They do very little good. Guns arriving at buy backs are simply not the same guns
    that would otherwise have been used in crime. If you look at the people who are turning

Source...http://jpfo.org/pdf03/gun-facts-v6.0-screen.pdf

12. Rarity

Rarity New Member

Fail... How are they going to buy back firearms that aren't legally registered? This is absolute treason...

13. Car54

Car54 New Member

Diane Frankenstein has intestinal diarrhea of the mouth.

14. texaswoodworker

texaswoodworker New Member

You own guns? I don't. I never have, and I never will. I hate the things. ;)

15. Yunus

Yunus New Member

There's a very simple reason why "buy back" programs will never work.

They offer less for a working firearm than selling it to virtually anyone, even a pawn shop would offer more.

So why would anyone with an operational and legal firearm sell it for less? If the gun is illegal then it's not that likely the person will take it to the police. I'm sure there are anecdotal examples of people taking functional illegally owned guns to a buy back program but it can't be a large number.

16. 2tone0311

2tone0311 New Member

Lol government Indian givers.

17. Merkava_4

Merkava_4 New Member

You guys are being WAY too nice. EDIT BY MOD- Yes, she IS plain and simple- but no advocating illegal acts. Plain and simple. C3

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2012
  18. Sonic82

Sonic82 New Member

They are accommplices destroying evidence.

19. lnfesq1911

lnfesq1911 New Member

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, Mayor Bloomberg and Andrew Cuomo, can all go live on their happy island, where they only use their words. For the rest of us, I didn't break any laws, I didn't massacre those poor people in CT. As such, leave my damn guns alone. This should be a state's rights issue. Because everyone in California are a bunch of freaks and New Yorkers want to live as sheep, let them set the rules for their States, otherwise, stay the hell out of my state. I can personally attest to the fact that, due to the fact that I was carrying, I was able to walk away alive.
    When the CIA, FBI, NSA, etc. turn over their weapons, then I shall first, ask them how they like it and then I'll give it a moments thought about turning in my....No. I won't be turning in anything. Good luck trying to get them from me.