Sen. Durbin pressures gun lobby with threat to move ATF authority to FBI

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by Bigcountry02, Jun 19, 2013.

1. Bigcountry02

Bigcountry02 Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup Supporter

FYI, more from the commie democrat in the Senate!

Sen. Durbin pressures gun lobby with threat to move ATF authority to FBI

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/306089-dem-pressures-gun-lobby-with-threat-to-move-atf
    The National Rifle Association (NRA) has successfully lobbied Congress to block every presidential pick to head the ATF since 2006. The group argues that a permanent director could lead to more severe enforcement of firearm laws.

President Obama’s nominee to fill the position, ATF acting Director B. Todd Jones, is currently making his way through confirmation proceedings in the Senate Judiciary Committee but has come up against stiff Republican opposition.

2. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The proposal to merge ATF and FBI has been threatened before. The problem is the FBI refuses to accept the transfer of the agents. The Feds do not trust each other

3. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

The BATF is a bastard child of the "Prohibition" era. They were nothing more than low level liars and scalpers. They were to be phased out in the 1960s. Lyndon Johnson Left Wing Texas New Dealer set out to disarm America. He saw what he needed in the old "Revenuers". LBJ hired more agents to enforce his 1968 gun laws. The rest is disgusting history.:(

4. armsmaster270

armsmaster270 New Member

With over 20 years in Law Enforcement I have found that the F.B.I. does not play well with others. They expect full disclosure but do not reciprocate.

5. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

It is too bad Mashall Dillion and Festus are gone. We could sure use some real law men.:D

6. WNGMSTR

WNGMSTR Troll Scout

An army of Barney Fifes with loaded mags and big attitudes will never hold a candle to Dillon and Festus.:D

7. therewolf

therewolf New Member

O M G ! But if the FBI took over the ATF, then the ATF would

have the backing of Federal Law Enforcement!

Waitaminnit...:confused:

8. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

So... Let me get this straight... Slick Dick Durbin can't get enough Republicans to Confirm Obamas latest hand picked TURD to lead the BATFE...

...but he "can" get enough Republicans to vote with him... to allow the FBI to take charge... and thereby remove Congressional Oversight? :confused:

I don't know what Slick Dick's been smoking... but it must be some damn good GONJA! :D

Friggen Retard.

Tack

9. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Likely they would devour each other. Agree, FBI does not play well with others. However, the ATF seems at time to be divided between some pretty decent folks, and yo-yos with a badge.

And the threat from Durbin is frustration- he does not like it when he is opposed- and does not have authority or votes to carry out his threat- or he would already have done it. Dirty Dick is from Illinois- what else would you expect?

10. therewolf

therewolf New Member

I'm sensing that the Senator(wow, remember when we

respected that title?) is frustrated. The movement

of ATF authority to FBI authority- Federal LE APPLES vs.

Federal LE ORANGES. Seems impotently lateral to me.

Or did I miss something, during my camping trip last month?

Simply put, it's like a parent threatening to "count to three":confused:

11. kbd512

kbd512 Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporter

I don't think the FBI gives a crap about people owning firearms, they're a little busy investigating actual criminals like IRS, NSA, and DOJ agents.

Putting the ATF under the FBI would be a little bit like big brother watching little brother do his chores around the house. Lots of arguing and threats to call Mom (POTUS) in to make little brother do what he's supposed to do. That and I'd imagine that the ATF would be busy partying because they know Mom will blame big brother for not keeping little brother in line.

Maybe I missed something, but that's how I see it.

12. AR10

AR10 New Member

The B and the A are more treasury / commerce related, and the F seems to be paperwork pain in the backside no other agency wanted. Most of what BATF does is paper suffering.

At about the time of the Waco raid, the BATF was gaining arrest authority along with budget increases to allow them to be more of a law enforcement agency, and less like an accounting ferm.

The botched Waco raid, and the horrible publicity that followed, tore the heart out of an agency looking to be an equal to the FBI and the CIA.

13. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 New Member

Let them make their threats. The FBI won't have BATF agents.