semi shotguns

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by shaneo206, Apr 18, 2009.

1. shaneo206

shaneo206 New Member

what do you guys think are the top 5 best, semi-auto, 12 gauge, shotguns?

Thanks

2. JiroZero713

JiroZero713 Active Member

I know one of the top is the Saiga 12

Everything good about an AK...in a shotgun with different barrels...etc.

3. canebrake

canebrake New Member

Turkey gun?
    Pheasant gun?
    Rabbit gun?
    Duck gun?
    Goose gun?
    Slug gun?
    Skeet gun?
    Trap gun?
    Zombie slayer?
    Breaching gun?
    Urban Skeet gun?

Need more DATA!

[​IMG]

4. shaneo206

shaneo206 New Member

Sorry, i mean the top 5 best, semi auto, 12 gauge, waterfowl hunting/all around shotguns?

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  5. divinginn

divinginn New Member

Remington 1100 and Browning A-5 are at the top of my list.

6. YJGUY

YJGUY New Member

Browning A5
    Remington Model 11
    Savage 720 (copy)
    Daiwa 600 (copy)
    Springfield 745 (copy)

I am a little biased, but you can have any of those techno cool plastic stocked guns. Lets see if any of them are still around after 100 years of service like the A5 design has been.

7. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

Remington 1100/11-87, current Berettas, Browning Gold, current Benellis (even though I hate recoil/inertia operated), Mossberg 930 series. Just about any of these work, period. It's just a question of which one you like the feel of best, and/or how you like the controls laid out.

8. SoL

SoL New Member

got myself a very nice saiga 12.

Has a magwell attachment like an ar15 so none of the factory magazine crap.

This is my favourite gun ever.

Detatcheable chokes are my new friend, I'm putting golfball holes in rabbits at about 25 metres.

With slugs and all other manner of ammo this is the ultimate gun, next to maybe the ol' AA12.

even better is they take most AK47 mods, like grips and rails etc.

9. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

No experience with the Saiga yet but my choice is topped by Benelli auto shotguns. I had a Legacy that was hands down the best auto shotgun I've ever had. It was like you had to try to miss with that Legacy-even my wife & daughter loved it. I deeply regret having to sell it. They truly are worth every penny.

10. LotzORemmies

LotzORemmies New Member

whats the difference between the A5 and the 2000?

11. UnderFire

UnderFire New Member

Where are these old topics coming from? :confused::confused:

I'll play...one of the top 5 semi's has to be the Remmy 1100.
    A classic still being made today.

12. m72law

m72law New Member

def. the remington 1100 with a few mods like speedfeed stock,8rd mag extender,barrel cut down to 20in.,hi-viz sights or the other great shotgun if they made one could be the browning 1919-a12 belt fed :D

13. markerdown

markerdown New Member

Personally I like the Remingtons. Either 1100 or 11-87. They just fit me good. Presently, I'm carrying an 11-87 premier for upland. 15 phez, 5 chukkar and two quail this season so far. Never had any issues or problems with them. I've carried an old plain jane late 60's 1100 in my younger days.

Headin to Utah this weekend for a christmas phez hunt with my 11-87 :)............................markerdown

14. suprdave

suprdave New Member

Super Black Eagle
    A5
    Extrema
    11-87

15. ItsmeShane

ItsmeShane New Member

not to big on autoloaders myself. I prefer pumps but if I would have to put a list on it.

Remington 1100. (only autoloader Ive used.)

haha

but

Browning Maxus and Beretta Xtrema 2 are both really nice looking shotguns, Ive held both at Bass Pro and they look and feel great, but are out of my budget for a shotgun.

16. tsweep

tsweep New Member

Saiga 12 in any configuration

17. jimbobpissypants

jimbobpissypants New Member

Benelli!!!!! I have had numerous autos. Benelli goes BANG every time! I have a Sport 2 with easily 25,000 through it. The only failures were ammo failures. I have another with 12.000 through it, same scenario. I shoot clays in all weather. I don't baby my guns. As much as I shoot, I don't clean them every outing. I know guys who duck hunt, and have had them at the bottom of the river/pond. They retrieve them, dump the water out of them, and keep shooting. They are the AK47 of the shotgun world. Many arrangements available. Anything from a mid range hunting gun to a high end sporting clays gun. Price is more than a Mossberg, but I prefer to have a little pain, and pay once, to have a little pain, and pay more than once.