Semi autos you regret letting go the most

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by jjones45, Jan 17, 2014.

1. jjones45

jjones45 New Member

Well I'm sure this thread exist but I can't find it and I'm bored so hear goes. What are your most regrettable semi auto handgun departures that you wish you would not have done? I had a whopping 4 before I learned my lesson about letting firearms go for one I think I want more. #1- sig p229 with both 357sig and 40s&w barrels (those of you who own/owned one know why), #2-beretta 92fs (most accurate handgun I ever shot personally), #3- browning bdm 9mm ( just a good gun I rarely run into, never again as a matter of fact), #4- kimber bp ten 2 ( polymer 1911 that held ten rounds and was very accurate for under $500 and rarely seen nowadays as it's discontinued)

2. KG7IL

KG7IL Well-Known Member

I regret letting a wartime Walther PP go. It belonged to my boss at the time, but he was able to pry it out of my hand and take it back :(

3. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

just about every 1911 i traded to trade up to a nicer 1911! if i had al of them back that i had over the years, well, i would need a lot more storage room and more ammo for sure!

4. VoxRomantic

VoxRomantic Member

High Standard Victor sold for $235 in 1991 to fund Christmas......

Wish I had that one back........

5. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

I sold a Para Ordinance P10-45. That is a sub compact double stack 1911 with a 3 inch barrel. It was Stainless. It was a mistake to get rid of it.

I also sold a High Point 45. Not that it was special. But I wish I still had it to throw in a back pack to keep for emergencies.

I have sold several revolvers I am sorry about too. But I guess that will be another thread.

6. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

one i had to sell years ago, that i really liked was a S&W Model 669. great pistol.

7. JonM

JonM Moderator

There was an hk usp socom I wish I still had

8. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

An S&W model 39 I sold back in the 1980s.
    Boy, I wish I still had it.

9. BillM

BillM Active Member Supporter

High Standard HD Military I sold in 1980 or so. Bought another a couple of years ago,
    but it's just not as good as the old one was.

10. Jtelli71

Jtelli71 New Member

HK USP 45 with SS slide. Needed cash for medical bills. That gun was a shooter and more accurate than me

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Firearms Talk mobile app

11. blackxpress

blackxpress Member

Smith and Wesson model 59. I traded it for something back in about 1985 or so. Can't even remember what I traded it for, which is a clear indication it was a really stupid move on my part.

12. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

I've traded several over the years and can't say I really regret getting rid of any of them. My collection is finally coming to the point where I don't have anything that I can see trading or selling. A couple times I've regretted taking the trade value but it was usually for a gun I really wanted.

13. lucznik

lucznik New Member

S&W 6904.

It was the first handgun I ever bought - right after my 21st birthday.

I sold it thinking that I wanted something "better." I've since owned auto pistols from Ruger, Glock, and a few of the striker-fired Smiths (Sigmas and M&Ps). I've handled and shot 1911s, XDs, Sig Sauers, Tauri, etc.

I've yet to find any auto pistol that offered anything "more" or "better" than that 6904... :-(

14. 25-5

25-5 New Member

High Standard .22 Victor. Sold it many years ago. Regretted it until I found one last year.

15. BeyondTheBox

BeyondTheBox New Member

I can't really say I regret letting go of any gun, but I do regret not at least trying a trigger job on my lc9

Sent from my SM-N900T using Firearms Talk mobile app

16. kyboy

kyboy New Member

Smith and wesson sigma in a .40. I have way better pistols at this point but that thing was so reliable and cheap you didnt have to worry abt what happened to it. Perfect woods and truck gun

17. partdeux

partdeux Well-Known Member

People actually sell firearms? LOL

I regret not getting my dad's firearms after he passed...

18. bluzjamer

bluzjamer New Member

I sold or traded a Star PD 45. Was cheap and it was compact, should have kept it. Sold a 44 Dan Wesson stainless vent heavy 8" what a beast. Should have kept that one too.

19. dada2d

dada2d New Member

I regret selling my Ruger SR 9C
    17 rd mags were awesome !

20. Squawk

Squawk New Member

Sold:
    Beretta 96FS Inox
    XD 9
    M&P Shield 9
    M&P 9 VTAC
    Glock 34
    XDM Compact 9
    Range Officer

I currently own:
    Springfield Loaded Champion SS
    XDS 45

I wish I still had the VTAC, Glock 34 and the XDM Compact. But I am glad I only have one cartridge to buy. 45 ACP was what I was made to shoot.