semi autos for Turkey hunting

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by akers06, Mar 25, 2013.

1. akers06

akers06 New Member

Ok guys I'm thinking about putting a new Turkey gun in lay a way and I've got it narrowed down to a few I just want your all's opinion....it's down to the Winchester sx3, benelli super vinci, benelli super black eagle, Browning maxus, Browning silver, or the beretta extrema a 400....
    I will primarily be using it for Turkey hunting, but it may also see the sporting clays range, a little pheasant hunting, deer hunting, and small game hunting.....
    Please don't tell me to get something not listed because I don't want a old 1100 or 930
    Thanks
    Akers

2. Dearhunter

Dearhunter Supporting Member Supporter

Why not try the Weatherby uplander? Great shotgun and they will not break your budget. comes with a 3 sets of chokes.

3. akers06

akers06 New Member

I want a 3 1/2" that is drilled and tapped and I have had plenty of the middle of the road guns and there isn't a thing wrong with them I just want to get a higher quality gun

4. onetohunt

onetohunt New Member

I use a Win Super X2 and it works great. I have the 24" NWTF model and it is a great gun. I don't think you would go wrong with any of the guns you mentioned. The hard part is just finding the choke tube and load. Have fun!!

5. Virginian

Virginian Active Member

Any of those you listed will do it. My preference would be the Winchester. I'm not a Benelli fan, but I think you are, so that's the way I would bet. :)

6. Gatoragn

Gatoragn Active Member

SBE II + Carlson's turkey choke, Federal Mag Shok #4 with flight control wads.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2013
  7. bobski

bobski Well-Known Member Sponsor

sx3.................

8. carnestopher

carnestopher New Member

+1 for SBE II. I couldn't be more tough on mine and it still comes back for more. I thought it ran smooth as glass before I started using Frog Lube 9 months ago, now it runs like greased owl ****! Amazing shotgun!

9. akers06

akers06 New Member

Thanks for the input guys

10. akers06

akers06 New Member

I think I have got it narrowed down...I am pretty sure I am going to end up buying a Browning silver nwtf version now if only I can find one every place I Look online are out of stock

11. ToddJ

ToddJ New Member

Great choice, I own own one and use it just to turkey hunt

12. akers06

akers06 New Member

How is the recoil? What shell/choke combo do you shoot? And what kind of patterns do you get out of it?