semi auto 22 mag

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by Dwood, May 8, 2012.

1. Dwood

Dwood New Member

Was wondering if they make any and about how much r they? Really want a ruger

2. BRAD313

BRAD313 New Member

My I ask y semi

3. Dwood

Dwood New Member

Just cause its what I like and want!

4. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

I was recently informed that there are not a lot of them because of the problems getting the mag to function in a semi.....I think Grendel was mentioned as one manufacturer who makes one.

5. USMCVeteran

USMCVeteran New Member

6. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

If you want a .22WMR that actually WORKS...forget the Ruger 1022M...

They stopped & started production 5 times, then finally sold the rights to make it to Magnum Research & Volquartsen.
    It requires a higher amount of hand-fitting than Ruger was willing to get into for their price-point.
    Owners of the 1022M eventually end up doing the hand-fitting to action compenents themselves...or ditch 'em to unsuspecting buyers.
    If you do find a good deal on a 1022M, check the RFC forums dealing with them, you'll need to know what to polish ;)

Ok, .22WMR semi-auto's that work...
    Marlin 922M (I've got one, LOVES 50-grain Federal Game-Shok's)
    (Got a buddy working on a hi-cap for these...which will interchange with the 25M/925M/Xt22M series...don't ask for updates cause you'll know when I know ;) )

Grendel P30, P31, R31 (got 'em, required the Goldenloki.com mods...http://www.goldenloki.com/gunsmith/keltec/fullrp.htm) also loves Federal Gameshok 50-grains...
    For those who DO NOT KNOW, Grendel is the Father of Keltec, more or less...George Kellgren runs/ran both companies.

Excel Accelerator (rented one, not impressed, low 10-rd capacity) kinda odd-shaped & clunky...

Keltec PMR-30 & RMR-30 (on order...probably will need the Goldenloki tweaks...but they look WAY better than anything else!!)

Volquartsen version...LOTS of options, build it any way you want...but it'll freekin COST!! LOL
    Money no object, I'd get one.

Magnum Research's version of the 1022M...Another costly, but well-functioning rifle...
    but since I want a Fluted Barrel, the VQ is where I'd spend the Big Bucks instead of here...

Ones that I won't mess with...
    AMT Automag II (currently owned by High Standard of Houston)...tested a 1st ed made by AMT...it sucked, but back then, could have been ammo as much as the gun...
    Ruger 1022M (heck, I'm still peeved about the two bad Vaquero's and the 1022T, like they're gonna get another chance after three strikes!!)
    Remington 597 in .22WMR...there's a lotta problem reports with these...still kinda new to the market...I'd skip for now...goldenloki tweaks would probably helps a lot...
    Ok, if I found a truly spectacular deal on those, I might...but it'd have to be for $250 or less...

Last edited: May 8, 2012
  7. Dwood

Dwood New Member

Thanks for the info

8. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

.22 Mag Semi Autos don't cycle -- the speed is too fast to always extract the long shells with round rims.

9. Clem

Clem New Member

I found a 1022M when they were still being made. I did the same thing with mine that I did with my other 1022: rebuilt it. It now has a 20” SS GM barrel with a Kidd trigger in a Hogue stock. It shoots reliably and is almost as accurate as my similar 1022. I have heard vague discussion about how bad they are, but mine has been fine.

10. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

Get an old Weatherby if you can find one at a gun show.

11. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

12. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

The gun the CZ 512 eventually replaced actually had a good reputation -- the only one -- for .22 Mag. And, again, it has been replaced by this one. Which doesn't really.

I'll be the first in line when I see one with dual extractors!

13. BRAD313

BRAD313 New Member

Rossi has that new circuit 22lr or 22 mag I don't know much about it just saw one the other day

14. Robc10x

Robc10x New Member

15. BRAD313

BRAD313 New Member

I liked it if I didn't just get my model96 I would get one after looking at some reviews

16. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Rossi/Taurus loves blurring the lines...almost looked like a Taurus symbol on the right side in that pic ;)

17. clr8ter

clr8ter New Member

HUH. When I clicked on that Rossi link, the top said 22lr & 22 mag, but the description said discontinued, and that it takes 410GA shotshells & 45 Colt ammo......

18. HockaLouis

HockaLouis New Member

"Friends don't let friends buy Taurus."
    Used to be good revolvers -- CARP today!