Firearms Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for my first 12 guage and I'm on a tight budget. Any suggestions? I would really like a semi-auto and that's my only preferance.

·
Banned
6,618 Posts
Good luck!!

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Looking for my first 12 guage and I'm on a tight budget. Any suggestions? I would really like a semi-auto and that's my only preferance.
Whats a tight budget? Some peoples tight budget may be $300 or $3000. Depends on how much you want to spend. And if its your first 12ga why do you want a semi auto? You can get a nice pump brand new for $300.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I feel more comfortable with semi-autos and my budget is around 600. I don't have a problem with a pumps though and I also realize that they're A LOT cheaper.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Look at the Mossberg 930. Around me they go for $650 or so. They look good but ive never shot one.

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
Look at the stoeger m3000, and m3500.... in my opinion best semi autos you can get for under $1000 I got my m3500 for just a little under $600 last year.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Model 11 or A5 ... They're pretty much the coolest semi autos in my book. They can be had at pawn shops for around 200-300

·
Registered
492 Posts
Stoeger M3500, Mossberg 930 or Remington 11-87/1100

·
Registered
536 Posts
I'm with the consensus of the stoeger, excellent shotguns for the money, my buddy has one he duck hunts with and its a nice gun.

·
FAA licensed bugsmasher
7,141 Posts
I just picked up a Mossberg 930. Unfortunately, I have yet to get it dirty. But it gets great reviews, fits right in your budget, and it's US made.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
JuggaloT8r said:
Juggalo Potato, is that right?

Well, good luck. What's your budget?

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
JuggaloT8r said:
Yep. And around $600 until I can save up more
Well that's not that bad of a budget. You can get some decent semis for that. I would go on gun broker and search Remington 1100.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Seen a neat shotgun at a lgs the other day. It was a home defense sg with a 20" barrel and was semi. The cool thing was is it was a hd shotgun, but also came with removable chokes. It had one that was just a thread protector so slugs could be fired then modified ic and full. The best part was that the price was under 300. I almost bought one but decided against it bc I didn't know the company. It was a tristar I think. It had the big charging knob and everything. Thought it would be a good gun for just about everything if it functioned well. Any one else hear or see anything about this sg? I seen It at shooters supply in Louisville the other day. They had a whole rack of them...

1 - 20 of 23 Posts