selling / trading help

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by beefheart, Sep 12, 2008.

1. beefheart

beefheart New Member

Hello, I have a gun I am wanting to sell but have never sold a gun before. Where is the safest place you can sell it (I want to make sure it is not registered in my name anymore for sure once it is out of my hands) and also get the best price for it?

2. mrwatch

mrwatch New Member

??

You must tell us what it is? Rifle, shot gun, hand gun or bazooka. Also where you live. If you bought it new the records of the serial number will likely stay with you for ever? In Michigan they will need to get a pistol purchase permit and you keep a copy of it. They have to take it to their local Police or Sheriff and they do what is called a safety inspection. Which will register it in their name. Just try too make sure you are not selling long guns to felons.

3. Musket

Musket New Member

1-what type of gun? (some guns have collectors groups and specialty clubs whose members would be interested)

2-what do you mean by "safest"? Not losing money, not having your personal info on the internet, or....?

3-Could you elaborate on why its important not to have the gun "in your name" anymore? This is just a curiosity question on my part.... ;)

4-you titled your post sell/trade. Are you looking for money, or will trade for another gun?

Not trying to be a pain--but its helpful to know exactly what you are dealing with in order to point you to the best options.

4. beefheart

beefheart New Member

It is a makarov pistol. I live in texas. I don't want someone else committing murder with a gun still in my name. I want money or a revolver for it. I am not into selling it to weirdos on craigslist, I want to just go to some commercial location.

5. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Go to your local gunstore not your local big box store like Gander mtn or Cabales or Bass Pro. Go to a gun store and tell them what you are looking for. If you live in Tx you don't have to redgester your handgun. Very few places out there make you do that. It is just the Commie states that make you do that kind of dumb stuff.

6. ScottG

ScottG New Member

What's wrong with your Mak? Why do you want to sell it? They are great guns.