Firearms Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of selling my Ruger SR9c - Stainless. I was gonna trade it in to my lgs. They offered me right around $300 in store credit or a bit less if I wanted cash. I'm thinking of trying to sell it private party. I live in Georgia. What do you think I can ask for it? It's like new. Around 500 rds through it. Any advice?

·
Registered
667 Posts
Yeah brand new they're $400 at all the LGSs here in NH so you're getting 75% of full price on a trade, that's not bad.

·
Premium Member
20,098 Posts
my advice is if you sell private party use a ffl dealer to make the transfer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
JonM said:
my advice is if you sell private party use a ffl dealer to make the transfer.
Yeah. And that's a bit of a hassle. I might just trade her in. Something about selling a gun at a parking lot somewhere is a bit unnerving. For some reason it feels very different than selling an old camera on Craigslist and that makes me a bit more nervous about it.

·
Retired
13,579 Posts
These fine people made some good suggestions.

With the hoopla going on now, you may end up selling to some TV station that is doing a story on firearms.
And with the spin they put on things, your picture will be posted, you could be identified as a "bad person skirting the firearm sales laws", and a bunch of other things.

·
Premium Member
2,000 Posts
Or at least only sell to a carry licensed person.
These are becoming more and more popular. If you take a copy of the person's CCW permit, you know the person has had a background check and is legally licensed to own and carry a gun. It narrows your pool of buyers, but makes it ultra-safe and much harder to turn you into an "evil gun seller." ;)

·
Registered
455 Posts
I am Wanting to trade and will only trade with a carry permit holder. I have a 9mm that my wife does not like (it was my ex's).

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I am Wanting to trade and will only trade with a carry permit holder. I have a 9mm that my wife does not like (it was my ex's).
What is it?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts