Selling my marlin m60

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by JustAnotherGunLover, Aug 20, 2011.

1. JustAnotherGunLover

JustAnotherGunLover New Member

So i am kind of sad to say that i have to sell my model 60. I really don't want to but i'm moving soon and have to downsize on a few things. I did finally get that 597 and it would seem kind of dumb getting rid of that when i haven't even had it that long. Any how, i have never tried to sell a gun and don't really wonna try a pawnshop. Does anyone know how i should go about trying this? What is the best way and what is the worst? Thanks to anyone why can help me.

2. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

The first thing i'd do is advertise it locally -
    Advertise it right here in guns for sale section-
    Couple of gun auction sites- Gunbroker is the largest then Auction Arms
    The WORST thing is pawn shop :eek:

3. JustAnotherGunLover

Thanks! I'll check them out. And i was thinking the same thing about the pawn shops.... Probably would be quick, but very painfull!

4. cgersty

cgersty New Member

Can also post it on armslist.com its like craigslist but for guns.

Gersty

5. aandabooks

aandabooks New Member

A private sale would probably be easiest for you. A model 60 is not an expensive gun as it is and if you have to start paying auction fees, you won't be getting much for the gun.

Do you have any gun shows coming up in the near future? If you do, take the gun and walk around with it. Plenty of people will ask what you're selling if for and you should be able to make a deal if your asking price is reasonable.

6. JustAnotherGunLover

I dont think there is any gun shows close enough to me. I live in elkhart, indiana. Maybe you or somebody can help me out and tell me where to look or ask if there is any near me.

7. JustAnotherGunLover

How easy is that to do? And what is the process of doing that?

8. cgersty

cgersty New Member

Its works just like craigslist, you post your gun for sale in your local classifieds and people look at it and its all private party sales,

ARMSLIST - Indiana Gun Classifieds

just find your city thats closest to you and post her on there, free to post, dont even have to register to post or contact other sellers.

Gersty

9. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

10. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Most local gas stations have a paper called the Shopper or something to that effect...
    free ads, but you pay like $1 for the paper...

Or the Thrifty Nickel...where you pay $10 for the ad and the paper is free...

Dunno what IN's rules are on PTP transfers...but make sure you follow state laws so you don't get nuked. :)

11. JustAnotherGunLover

Good advice. Thanks.