Sell or not?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by boatme98, Sep 3, 2012.

1. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

I'm moving from a cabin in the woods where I could shoot off the front porch to a house right in downtown of a small college town.
    My connundrum: I have a nice, small collection of rifles and handguns that I've purchased over time. All things that I wanted. All good quality pieces in good condition. I'll no longer be able to just take them out and shoot. I'll be resigned to using ranges. So most of my guns will just sit in the safe.
    I don't have to, but I'm thinking of selling a few off. If I can't shoot them, why keep them.
    What say you?
    How do I decide which ones go?
    Would you buy a blued pistol with tear stains on it?

2. beaglesam

beaglesam Active Member

If you don't need the the money only sell at a price you want. Don't go for a price you are not comfortable with.

3. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Guns will get you times of no money better than money will get you through times of no guns.

There have been times when, hard pressed for cash, I sold some of my guns. I am still kicking myself to this day. This was one of them- an UNISSUED M47 30-06 Madsen, complete w/ bayonet with matching SN.

madsen_right.jpg

Unless you need money to feed the kids, or buy medicine- DON'T !

4. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

You could do what I did. Consolidate them into one gun you really want but may not be able to afford outright.

5. TWMIM

TWMIM New Member

I've regretted all but the Hi Point. Don't do it.

6. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

I'd sell my children before I sold my guns.

'But Mosin, you don't have any children...'

'EXACTLY'.....

7. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Wanna buy some?

8. USEBOTHHANDS

USEBOTHHANDS New Member

and WHY NOT??? lmao

NO SERIOUSLY, why not?

are you sellin the cabin and property? can you keep the cabin and property AND buy the city dwellin?

9. Seven

Seven New Member

...then don't.

10. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

No I rent. It's for sale. Ilove it here but I miss some things. It's about 45 miles to a grocery store. Makes it hard to keep fresh veggies and fruit. The female population is scary at best (think "People of Wal Mart").
    I'll also be renting the new house. I don't buy houses anymore.

11. sgttessnc

sgttessnc New Member

I've regretted every gun I have sold. I will not sell any more of them unless they are just plain unsafe or unsatisfactory, well unsafe will go back to the factory to get safe. I miss my USP, my Glock 30, my Savage 110 FLP, my Ruger P89, all of them. Please don't sell your guns, if they stay in your safe, well you will still own them and you might be able to pass them down to your children someday, not pawn them and let some other man finger your weapons! KEEP THEM!!!!

12. primer1

primer1 Well-Known Member Supporter

Your moving from a cabin in the woods you can shoot from the porch, which is for sale? You are thinking about selling your guns?

I hope you can't afford to buy the cabin and keep the guns, because if it were me I would do my damnedest to do both.

My two cents, and I don't know you.

13. vincent

vincent New Member

THIS^^^!!! DO NOT sell a dern thing unless you ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO!!

and if you do sell it, sell it to me!!!!!

EDIT-Primer1...your avatar cracks me up!!! :D :D :D

Last edited: Sep 3, 2012
  14. boatme98

boatme98 New Member

Didn't say anything about pawning 'em. If I sell, they would go to folks I know. And for market value. No bargains.

15. JD1969

JD1969 New Member

I live in town and can't just step outside and shoot (I used to live in a cabin in the woods of Maine when I was younger and could shoot anything at anytime). I still get out and shoot, a friend has land about 20 minutes away that we can shoot rifles on, and I am lucky to have an indoor range nearby. I shoot more now than ever. Is there a sportsmans club near your new house? Maybe they have a range you can use.

16. tri70

tri70 New Member

I am with the rest, keep them till you absolutely have to selll. Keep the them oiled and stored safe. You may find a companion that loves to shoot as well.;)

17. levelcross

levelcross New Member

Pass them down to the children if that is an option. As soon as you sell then you may move again and find that city life is not for me er You.

18. Swervin

Swervin New Member

I regret selling my T/C Contender in 223. I loved the way that gun looked, felt and sounded.... Even if went into buying my kid his first shotgun.... Which he outgrew so now he got my citori and I'm getting an AK47.... Which sounds pretty cool, I'll still mid the contender..... If I had the money would have kept them all

19. Eturnsdale

Eturnsdale New Member

I totally agree.

Ive sold a few guns, and I regret selling them.

You're situation may change at some point, and when it does you will regret selling them. And, say you sell them, blow the money on something, money is gone. A year from now, five years, ten, whatever, you actually need money and now have to sell a gun you want to keep.

Selling a gun when you don't have to is kinda like tits on a boar hog.