Self defense knives

Discussion in 'Other Weapons' started by okieboy, Jul 22, 2013.

1. okieboy

okieboy New Member

Can anybody recommend good brands of knives besides SOG? I simply wanna seeped options. I'm looking for a fixed blade that I can clip onmy belt something small. It's primary purpose is a fast acting point blank self defense tool when I can't reach or effectively deploy my handgun

2. readygirl

readygirl New Member

www.spartanbladesUSA.com Made in North Carolina, i have 3 of their knives. Check them out, very high quality. Im sure they have something that will more than meet your needs......

3. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

They look awesome, but I'm not paying $445 for a folding knife!!!! Holy sh!t!!!!!!

4. okieboy

okieboy New Member

I've looked at them but most of their blades seem too big plus way beyond what I can comfortably afford right now

5. Axxe55

Axxe55 The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

i looked them over too. very good looking, but i'm with Fathead, they be kinda pricey!:eek:

6. okieboy

okieboy New Member

Plus isn't there a federal law that you can't carry longer than a 4" blade? Or is that made up?

7. readygirl

readygirl New Member

No such federal law. Knife laws are primarily local, and vary substantially. And are based on intent, more so than size.

8. kytowboater

kytowboater Active Member

So size don't matter huh? Lmao

9. readygirl

readygirl New Member

LOL.....No, more concerned with finding one that can finish the job, than what size it is.....:D

10. kytowboater

Fine answer, fine answer.

11. Gonzilla

Gonzilla New Member

There is some Internet site that had the knife regs from across the US. Some states are straight fwd while others like CT are mixed at best. As long as the blade is under 3.5" and your intent is good - all is well. (double blades are prohibited.)

Most criminals have gong to box cutters to avoid the legal BS.

12. nickmiller70

nickmiller70 New Member

I carry smith and Wesson knives for the same reason. They are well made and affordable. Big fan if their SWAT line. Plus I carry a s&w gun so it's nice that they match (because of my OCD).

13. kytowboater

I carry beat around knives. A gerber, a Schade, or a benchmade. Not the nicest or prettiest but I can shave you with them.

14. trip286

trip286 New Member

Ready for me to freak your OCD like a horny baboon with a butt fetish in a prison shower?

Smith and Wesson knives are Chinese.

OP, you want the perfect knife to suit your needs? Build it.

15. nickmiller70

nickmiller70 New Member

I'm aware of their origins overseas, but that's probably why they are affordable. Still a good knife for everyday. Plus what isn't made in china anymore?

16. trip286

trip286 New Member

Some are better than others and even priced the same. Schrade still has some American made models of better quality than can be found for as little as ten bucks. But, if you want took carry it, that's your business. I personally find it aggravating that such a reputable gun maker is so willing to slap their name on a cheap, and cheaply made, Chinese knife.

I have two knives in my pocket right now. One is a Gerber paraframe mini that costs 11-12 dollars at Wal-Mart, the other is an original bali-song (original benchmade before they became benchmade) that I lucked into for 5 bucks.

The Gerber is absolutely perfect for my work needs. Small, semi disposable, built like a tank. Not afraid to beat it up, but by looking at it, you can't tell the hell it goes through everyday because the quality is there.

The bali-song.... well hell, when you find a flashy, well built collectible knife valued at nearly $300, and it's offered to you for 5, you don't really need a good reason to carry it, especially when the current incarnation of the manufacturer still honors the warranty even though it was built no later than the mid 80's.

17. kytowboater

You inspired me to dig out my old smith hrt boot knife. Bought it years ago. It's worse for wear but still around. Put the sharpener to it and its good to go.

18. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

This is what I carry everyday.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. okieboy

okieboy New Member

I need a fixed blade. I have a folder for everyday use. But in a self defense situation I can't deploy a folder left handed. I want something I can yank off my belt as a "get off me" tool