Seeing about this mini

Discussion in 'Mini-14 Forum' started by Gojubrian, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I'm seeing a guy this friday about his 1981 Ruger mini-14 GB 182 series. He says it's in very nice condition. I think it's worth around $600-700,that's what I'm offering anyway! I'm also going to put some rounds through it on his 300yrd range. I might be able to hit something at 100yrds! Hopefully, it's what I'm thinking and I can start thinking about customizing.

What do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I just payed 850 for my new 2010 mini 14 with 4 20 round mags from the dealer. Looks good but price is kinda high.

3. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Is that what you really want Goju? Because if you really like that weapon, it is irrelevant what any of us think. ;)

JD

4. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Really.ok. What do you think it's worth? :)

5. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

I want a SUR I can afford and am open to suggestions. :cool:

I'm afrain an AR would be a money pit for me. :eek:

6. doctherock

doctherock New Member

How many rounds have been thru it and what does it come with?

7. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

He's not the original owner and it comes with what you see. :eek:

8. doctherock

doctherock New Member

I think maybe $550 to $650. Thats just my opinion.

9. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Ok,I appreciate your help. You think I may be better off getting a nib one? Buds has good prices on them.

10. willfully armed

willfully armed New Member

11. doctherock

doctherock New Member

New is the best bet plus the newer ones are more accurate. This is mine.

Attached Files:

12. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Wow. Definitely too high of a price in my opinion, considering you have NO IDEA how much life is left in the barrel and you don't, presumably, have a bore scope.

I don't personally care for the Mini-14. From an Apprentice Gunsmith to a Master who builds custom, long range and ultra long range "tactical" applications for shooting man sized targets, I do not feel this weapon system was built with accuracy in mind.

Having said that, I feel the price is too high unless the owner can produce a Range Book that details rounds and conditions, or without independent review by a gunsmith with nothing to gain/lose from the transaction.

Goju - as someone that may or may not be a "friend" in real, daily life, I would have to seriously recommend that your need for this next weapon be examined before you slap down the sum of $600-$700 unless that is merely walking around money to you.

Also, have you seen the resent posts on sales of top quality name brand AR's that are in this price range?

JD

13. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Quoted for truth. You would be the third owner of the weapon. So getting an idea how much it's been used might not be easy to figure out. If you really want it then start low and see what happens. AS soon as you're not too hap[py with the price just remind the seller you can go to buds and get one you know is in great shape. Buds last I seen was around 650-660.00 for a blued new rifle.And those where wood stock rifles like this one you're looking at.

If it was me I'd stay around the 550.00 mark and I"m not sure I'd go much over that knowing I could spend a hundred bucks or so getting a new one.:cool:

14. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Thanks J.D. I haven't seen those price threads yet, but I'll check em out.

I'm selling the XDm40 bi-tone I just bought. It's nice and they are great guns, but I just can't get into the non-metal grips anymore.

:D

15. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

16. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

17. Gojubrian

Gojubrian New Member

Yeah, she wouldn't like that. However she lets me have my fun with my guns and gun fund money.

Family always comes first!! :)

I REALLY appreciate your and this forums help brother. This is THE best forum on the net!

18. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Quoted For Truth. :D

JD

19. DrumJunkie

DrumJunkie New Member

Again..Quoted for truth.;)

20. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

Even in overpriced California, used Minis go for $500.-$550.