Security Guard had expired weapons permit

Discussion in 'Concealed Carrying & Personal Protection' started by Ranger-6, Mar 30, 2012.

1. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

The security guard who left his post late Saturday night to investigate a “suspicious vehicle” and ended up shooting unarmed 18-year-old Ervin Jefferson had an expired weapons permit. DeKalb Public Safety Director William Miller said Ervin Jefferson “possibly threatened to kill” the guard. Scott has not been charged in the shooting, but police are still investigating.

http://privateofficernews.wordpress...th-expired-gun-permit-www-privateofficer-com/

2. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

And people say the Trayvon Martin shooting was a cluster F***.

3. PanBaccha

PanBaccha New Member

Here we go again.

4. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

Another case of people with firearms acting outside their intended purpose. You can't claim self-defense if you dont exercise every possible, reasonable means to exit the situation but rather the constant killing of unarmed people is too much for me.

I think people are now using bullets in places of fist, at least with fist you win some, you lose some but you live to fight another day.

5. orangello

orangello New Member

Anybody else wondering if the security guards were really over there to "investigate" the four-deep females in the other car?

Usually, you live to fight another day, usually.

6. tellmaster207

tellmaster207 New Member

^^^this^^^

7. mountainman13

mountainman13 New Member

You know its funny I was under the impression that security guards were either not allowed to carry on duty or the company was responsible for keeping track of license issues. How did this even happen? Is the company being held liable?

8. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

From what I got the security company is trying to make it seem as if these individuals were acting outside the employement duties and that they were armed but not thought the company as in they were carry weapons but not officially authorized which also brings up the point of proper training to carry and use of a firearm.

9. BigB

BigB New Member

Justified or not, more smoke and mirrors to get people to stop looking at BHO in an election year!!!!

Psalm 82:4 Rescue the weak and the needy; deliver them from the hand of the wicked.

10. Ranger-6

Ranger-6 New Member

Many security companies do not have weapons training, especially armored car companies. Security and armored car companies would rather take the risk and pay the fine or penalty because it much cheaper in the long run than to implement a training program. They put security guards in harms way every day for the benefit of higher profits.

11. dragunovsks

dragunovsks New Member

No way would i put myself in harms way protecting someone elses money for $9 an hour....

12. Rentacop

Rentacop Well-Known Member

As far as shooting unarmed people is concerned, unarmed people can still present an imminent threat to life and limb . Therefore, it can be justifiable to shoot an unarmed person.
    Conversely, it is not automatically justified to shoot an armed person . For a hypothetical example, suppose some one shot a suspect and a gun was later found concealed on the suspect's body ; The suspect's gun, not having been evident at the time of the shooting would have no bearing on whether the shooting was justified .
    If a criminal shot and killed an armed man from ambush, the victim might as well have been unarmed, yet some people would see it almost as a " fair fight " .

Last edited: Apr 6, 2012
  13. AIKIJUTSU

AIKIJUTSU New Member

If the guards thought something was not right they should have just called 911 and watched what was going on from a distance. Seems like what they did was totally irresponsible. Manslaughter.

14. Shade

Shade New Member

I agree with you except it should be 2nd degree murder.

15. doc2009

doc2009 New Member

This is not always true. A buddy of mine worked for an armored truck service. To even quailfy for the job they did a FULL background check and they can't have anything on their record within 5 years. Also one they are recommended for the job they have to qualify with their side arms. And depending on the company they may have different qualifing scores. Just a tid bit of advice. Not every company puts their guys in harms way untrained

16. Zodiac131911

Zodiac131911 New Member

A lot of sites doesn't want to insure armed guards. In ms it 1,000,000,000

17. Tackleberry1

Tackleberry1 New Member

So...what do we know?

Guards left post to chit chat with car full of young ladies unaware they were laying in wait for the deceased sister.

Deceased knows what the car load of females is there for. Looking to protect his sister he heads out to confront the ladies.

From this point were speculating.

Anyone convicting or excusing the guards is talking like a man with a paper aZz

Tack

18. GunRunner

GunRunner New Member

Im with you to the point that I do not believe the 1 unarmed deceased posed any life threatening danger that those several security guards could have not thwarted with other less leathal means.
    Whethet he threatened them isn't important unless he had the means and intent to carry it out at the time. Not many people die in fist fights, it happens but not often. And how come these guys ran like little B'/@-**&$ when his Dad came out and started shooting? Its easier to be a tough guy when your the only one with a deadly weapon.

What is a "paper aZz" never heard that one before.

19. Rentacop

Rentacop Well-Known Member

If we've learned anything from the Bernhard Goetz " subway vigilante " case, the Central Park Jogger Rape " wilding " case, the Richard Jewell " Olympic bombing , hero syndrome " case, the Duke not-a-rape case, the NBC fake Zimmerman recording, the ABC exploding pickup trucks and the runaway Audi 5000s...
    ...it is that the media can be depended on to lie, sensationalize, exaggerate, hide facts, copy and paste anything the New York Times prints, recycle every AP story and, (only as a last resort), actually investigate and check facts .
    I guess most of us haven't learned that lesson yet .
    At this point, I'm not ready to believe that the event in question ever happened, as long as I must depend on the news report for facts .

Last edited: Apr 12, 2012
  20. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Agree- Are we all just running out of subject matter :confused:

[​IMG]