Section for professional networking?

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by 12fretter, Apr 13, 2011.

1. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

I used to belong to a forum about guitars. On that forum, we created a new section for people who either owned their own business or had special skills of some sort. In that way, if you were looking for, say, an expert on guitars, you could search through the directory of members here that might be able to help you. There is already a level of trust with members, and we get to help each other out if it's at all possible. Would there be any interest in doing this here? Just a thought.

2. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Most of us that are Supporting Members know each other pretty well as we share much more info in the private areas of the forum - join up - it's the best $15 you can spend...

3. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

4. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

5. NGIB

NGIB New Member

Now go introduce yourself in the bunker and we'll quit talking behind your back...:D

6. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

I made it there and have been reading but I don't think I'm going to get through 103 pages. Eventually I will though.

7. Benning Boy

Benning Boy New Member

You'll find our comments about you on page 7.;)

8. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

Do I have "stupid" written across my forehead?

[​IMG]

9. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

Glad to see you joined up.

As far as your OP, I'd rather know I can trust someones expertise by getting to know them over time and participation on the forum rather than they listed themselves in a directory.

No need to create a elitist class on FTF, it's great the way it is.

10. 12fretter

12fretter New Member

I completely agree. I would want to get to know people before I do business too.

11. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

No, we won't. :D

12. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Welcome to the club fretter ;)

13. danf_fl

danf_fl Retired Supporter

It's not the talk behind my back that has me worried. It's what these people write about me when they think I am not looking. :)

14. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Not that you know of:D

15. Colossal Urprising

Colossal Urprising New Member

You really want us to answer that? :D

16. Eric0424

Eric0424 New Member

---->>> [​IMG]

It's already here. :)

17. Jesse17

Jesse17 New Member

I knew someone would try to call me on that. :rolleyes:

Supporting Members are simply the guys who cough up a whole whopping $1.25 a month to help pay the bills and keep this resource around. As such we get a couple benefits offered to encourage more 'paying' customers.

It does NOT however, lend any creditability to the members knowledge or experience as would a "I'm a professional (cause I listed my name in a directory) so you should trust me" area would.

Now remember to show a little more respect when quoting a Supporting Member next time! :p

18. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Don't be such a hater :p

Besides, if you pony up for SM status you can read all the smack we've talking about you, the goat, the bunny rabbit and that midget :D

19. Eric0424

Eric0424 New Member

Someone had to do it. :) You're right though, there's no need for elitism here. When do you think it will end?? :p

I'm working on it, but the loan officer keeps asking stupid questions. "Job" this, "collateral" that, "What name you goin' by this week?", just really stupid questions.

...and he's probably not going to like the fact I "borrowed" his car yesterday. He'll be okay though, if I can remember where I parked it.