Second time at the range

Discussion in 'Range Report' started by slip, Dec 11, 2009.

1. slip

slip New Member

So it was my second time at the range, and my first time shooting a 1911. It was a 1911 Remington Mil Spec that my friend just got.

Anyway, his magazines only held 7 so I worked with it. I'm still trying to figure out what works best for me regarding stance and hand placement, but this was literally the first 7 rounds that I've ever shot in .45 acp, let alone a 1911.

This was at 35 ft. 4 in the orange :)
    [​IMG]
    :) I don't know why I had a straggler at the bottom, maybe it was pulled? :D

Last edited: Dec 12, 2009
  2. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

I'm glad you had a chance to try a 1911.

Are you sure it was a Remington? If so, a Remington Rand from WWII can be quite valuable.

3. spittinfire

spittinfire New Member Supporter

So what did you think of the 1911?

4. slip

slip New Member

Yes I'm sure. He inherited it from his grandpa or something along those lines.

I love them. I made a thread about 2 1911's that I'm caught between; the Kimber Warrior and the SA Operator.

:)

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

If that is a REAL Remington Rand, you need to *****slap your friend and take the weapon from him, clean it up and put it in an air tight gun case. That is a collector's item if it is even in decent shape. They are pretty rare.

Glad you like the platform. Hard to find another one that is as good, or can do what it can do, though people have been trying for the last 100 years. :cool:

JD

6. slip

slip New Member

Lol. How can I tell if it is indeed a rand?

7. CA357

It should have Remington Rand rollmarked on the Slide. It should also say Property of U.S.

8. slip

slip New Member

It's official.
    Remington Rand
    United States Property no.2215601
    M1911A1 US ARMY

9. Slawth

Slawth New Member

Nah. That thing is just some ol' piece of crap build by a typewriter company. I'll give your buddy $800 for it just because I'm feeling generous and he can go out and buy a nice, new 1911. PM me pics to verify condition and we'll make a deal...

:D:D;)

10. slip

slip New Member

Ha ha. I made him aware of his collector's piece, but he doesn't seem to really understand.

Oh well. You win some you lose some right?

11. photopro

photopro New Member

photograph

You wouldn't like to take a few pictures of said weapon would you slip ? I would be very interested to see what you lot are so excited about.

photopro

12. slip

slip New Member

I'll snap some pics next time we're out at the range, because I'm sure we're going to be shooting it. haha.

It's supposedly a rare collector's piece. I'll snap some pics next time though!

13. CA357

Do a google search on it and check out Gunbroker. You'll find some very interesting information. Unless it's so nice that to shoot it would depreciate it, shoot it, that's what it's for.