Second Amendment applied to all cities and states

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by canebrake, Jun 28, 2010.

1. NGIB

NGIB New Member

While this is indeed good news, it's only the beginning of the court fights. Heller opened the door for this one and this one will open the door for many more. Expect the next big fight to ensue over what are the "reasonable" restrictions that can be applied.

Chicago probably has a response ready as they must have known they'd lose this one. Expect them to install some serious hoops to jump through and I wouldn't be surprised if they thumb their nose at the SCOTUS decision...

2. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

There is a lot of legalize in a couple of those links, but this is a very good day indeed.

What's the over/under on fallout from this latest decision and when it will be challenged??

I am liking today already. :)

3. freefall

freefall New Member

Monday morning blues just lightened up a little...

4. opaww

opaww New Member

I am still reading the rulling, but it looks like Justice SCALIAsaid that Justice Stevens was full of sh_t.

5. Mosin

Mosin Well-Known Member

This upsets me to no end... From the article....

Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg dissented in Heller and wondered why the right to bear arms was necessary to extend to the states. "f the notion is that these are principles that any free society would adopt, well, a lot of free societies have rejected the right to keep and bear arms."

We have a justice sworn to uphold the CONSTITUTION OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA... and she points to other countries and their policies as her reasoning behind ruling against OUR constitution.

6. canebrake

canebrake New Member

We will continue the good fight!

This sure beats having it shot down! (Pun intended)

7. Pat-inCO

Pat-inCO New Member

Maybe this is where our "prez" got his lousy attitude? :rolleyes:

8. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

Monday is looking a whole lot better now :D

9. bkt

bkt New Member

'Bout time.

As for the lefties who dissented...one wonders if they would acknowledge that state and local governments can't stamp out free speech, freedom of religion, that you can't testify against yourself, that people have a right to be secure in their persons and belongings, that we don't have to quarter troops (Guard, cops) in our homes, etc., etc. If so, they can't defend partitioning 2A from the rest.

If not, then their true colors shine through: they are not champions of individual liberty and freedom.

Either way, the left is screwed. Again.

LET THE LAWSUITS COMMENCE!

God, I hope New York's insane gun laws are among the first to go!

10. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

bkt - What does the fact that this was also remanded mean in layman's terms?

11. bkt

bkt New Member

Presumably this is in the context of MacDonald v. Chicago and it means the Supreme Court pushed this back to the court that heard that case to get another decision based on the SCOTUS' ruling that 2A DOES apply to state and local governments.

Layman's terms: "Revisit this case in light of our ruling." If the lower court said individuals can't own firearms and the SCOTUS said they can, the lower court must(?) alter its decision.

12. NitroxAZ

NitroxAZ New Member

Thanks. That is what I thought but needed clarification.

13. ALSGUN

ALSGUN New Member

Well this is becoming a nice Monday after all:):):)

14. WannaGator

WannaGator New Member

2nd Ammendment Affirmed

The Supreme Court in a 5-4 decision affirmed the 2nd Ammendment.

Wonder if Obummer will go after Chicago, D.C., & etc. for their Draconian Gun Laws.

I won't hold my breath. :mad:

15. clip11

clip11 New Member

Last edited: Jun 28, 2010
  16. RTMiller

RTMiller New Member

This is good news but it hardly negates the fact that Mondays suck.

17. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

The sooner that fat windbag has his pending fatal heart attack and is thus released from his mortal coil, the better it will be for everyone.

JD

18. opaww

opaww New Member

Be warned now that this in no way will stop the abuse of the anti-gunners/anti-Americans from attempting to ban guns. The fight has just started.

19. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

The sad thing is that the Second Amendment shouldn't even be up for discussion. It is very clear and in truth, all these anti's don't have a leg to stand on. It is a sad statement of how far this once great Country has fallen.

Molon Labe!