Firearms Talk banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I live up on the Olympic Peninsula, and gonna be in Seattle next couple of days. Looking for local gun stores in Seattle area, to shop for reloading supplies. Mainly gunpowder and bullets for. 357 mag/.38 special, .223/5.56, 9mm, and 300AAC. I am aware of the short supplies, but reaching out to see if there are places in the city that are starting to come back to life. Because of my location, I do a lot of ordering on the interweb, and thankfully our LGS is starting to get a few things in stock, but it goes real fast.
Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks! :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, no, I'm going to find a gun store somewhere. There has to be some in the area somewhere. Thanks anyway :)
Do they even allow gun stores in Seattle?
I'm beginning to wonder. I signed up on reddit, as they supposedly have a local Seattle firearm forum. Unfortunately all the responses I got were Trolls who'd rather critique my English or generally make me feel unwelcome. One person out of 8-9 actually gave me a recommendation. And I'm gonna check it out today. There are couple groups in my county(Clallam), so will also search them out. I've kinda kept to myself last 20 years or so, not knowing who to trust as it's kinda different up here.

·
Premium Member
S&W 637-2, M&P sheild 9mm
12,698 Posts
A simple Google maps search for gun shops in the Seattle area got me 15 results, none of which I know anything about.

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Seattle passed several local taxes on guns and ammo within the city limits. King county may have done the same. Tacoma has a couple places that HAD decent reloading supplies before everything went sideways. Problem is, those local city taxes have Seattle folk buying up supplies in any place within a decent drive or ferry ride away.

Surplus Ammo and Arms and Bullseye indoor range, in Tacoma used to keep a decent stock of reloading components.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Wasington state is soon to be a "has been" state. I recently read where U Haul is paying people to drive empty trucks into the place as well as Kalifornia. I don't want them living near me. They created a mess, they should live in the mess.

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
Wasington state is soon to be a "has been" state. I recently read where U Haul is paying people to drive empty trucks into the place as well as Kalifornia. I don't want them living near me. They created a mess, they should live in the mess.
There are generally three types of blue state emigrants. Those who left because THEY were fed up and couldn‘t stand the BS. There are those who moved because THEIR CORPORATE EMPLOYERS couldn’t stand the blue state BS anymore. Then there are are the clueless who can’t stand the BS but don’t realize it was a consequence of their own voting, and they don’t change the pattern.

The first category I have no problem with. They wanted to live in a like minded place and will do what they can to fend off the ruinous policies of the place they left.

It‘s the other two categories to be concerned about.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Seattle passed several local taxes on guns and ammo within the city limits. King county may have done the same. Tacoma has a couple places that HAD decent reloading supplies before everything went sideways. Problem is, those local city taxes have Seattle folk buying up supplies in any place within a decent drive or ferry ride away.

Surplus Ammo and Arms and Bullseye indoor range, in Tacoma used to keep a decent stock of reloading components.
Thank You, I will check with them.

·
Registered
Springfield XDS Mod 2 .45
7 Posts
Well, no, I'm going to find a gun store somewhere. There has to be some in the area somewhere. Thanks anyway :)

I'm beginning to wonder. I signed up on reddit, as they supposedly have a local Seattle firearm forum. Unfortunately all the responses I got were Trolls who'd rather critique my English or generally make me feel unwelcome. One person out of 8-9 actually gave me a recommendation. And I'm gonna check it out today. There are couple groups in my county(Clallam), so will also search them out. I've kinda kept to myself last 20 years or so, not knowing who to trust as it's kinda different up here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’ve been here (Whidbey Isl) for a couple of years now….spent the first 67 in N Maine. Guns & ammo pretty much a way of life back there. Things a little harder here. I just joined this group today in hopes of finding an easier way than gun broker.com to sell some .223 that I no longer need. The problem is having to drive an hour to a ups counter to ship anything.

·
Registered
7,963 Posts
I’ve been here (Whidbey Isl) for a couple of years now….spent the first 67 in N Maine. Guns & ammo pretty much a way of life back there. Things a little harder here. I just joined this group today in hopes of finding an easier way than gun broker.com to sell some .223 that I no longer need. The problem is having to drive an hour to a ups counter to ship anything.
Welcome to the forum. Geography of the Puget Sound is pretty interesting in how it can make simple tasks take a bit more driving or ferrying to get done. Best bet may be to post at a local gun range or club, what you have for sale. Gun shows here have become a bit of a joke, especially “Big Top”, which is really mostly one retailer just going around and selling and changing people to come in and shop.

Most Shops don’t want to buy “used” ammo, because they cannot verify it hasn’t been tampered with, stored improperly or are actually reloads.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Geography of the Puget Sound is pretty interesting in how it can make simple tasks take a bit more driving or ferrying to get done. Best bet may be to post at a local gun range or club, what you have for sale. Gun shows here have become a bit of a joke, especially “Big Top”, which is really mostly one retailer just going around and selling and changing people to come in and shop.

Most Shops don’t want to buy “used” ammo, because they cannot verify it hasn’t been tampered with, stored improperly or are actually reloads.
Thank you
i joined a local gun range so I’ll look into posting there.

·
Premium Member
3,310 Posts
Hi, I live up on the Olympic Peninsula, and gonna be in Seattle next couple of days. Looking for local gun stores in Seattle area, to shop for reloading supplies. Mainly gunpowder and bullets for. 357 mag/.38 special, .223/5.56, 9mm, and 300AAC. I am aware of the short supplies, but reaching out to see if there are places in the city that are starting to come back to life. Because of my location, I do a lot of ordering on the interweb, and thankfully our LGS is starting to get a few things in stock, but it goes real fast.
Any ideas would be appreciated, thanks! :)
I think you're doing what you can do. The days of running to the LGS for a couple of hundred primers and a pound of powder have ended for now. That and maybe too many other things have gone to online purchasing. It's a double edged sword.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts