Sears and Roebuck model 43

Discussion in '.22 Rifle/Rimfire Discussion' started by tgore3, Mar 6, 2009.

1. tgore3

tgore3 New Member

I grew up shooting a J.C. Higgins Sears and Roebuck .22 bolt action tube feed. I also had some other .22 rifles like a Rem. 552, but the Sears was always the best shooter. I got that old .22 from my dad who's past away. Always kicked myself for selling it.

I've been gunless for a few years now. Had a few bucks so i stopped in this little gun store/pawn shop. Just wanting to p/u another little .22 to play around with. Nothing is really clicking as he hands me rifles, then he hands me this S&R 43. I was in love immediately. Brought back so many memories and from my experience they are a very good shooting .22 cal. This is not a J.C. Higgins like my original was.

So here it is anyways, nothing special compared to what a lot of folks have but they hold a special place with me for some reason. I love being able to fire S,L, and LR. This rifle is very tight and cycles extremely well, I don't think it was shot very much in it's life.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. big shrek

big shrek Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009

3. tgore3

tgore3 New Member

Thanks, yeah, I thought they were made by Marlin. Great to know I can get parts for it if I ever need to.

I gave $135 for it.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2009
  4. sgt.sluggo

sgt.sluggo New Member

43dl

My 2 cents nice I have one I am restoring we found it behind a hot water heater
    in a house my brother bought :D

Last edited: May 13, 2009