Sears and roebuck mod.75

Discussion in 'General Shotgun Discussion' started by jacobee21, May 7, 2012.

1. jacobee21

jacobee21 New Member

Have a sears and Roebuck model 75. The barrel looks more like a banana and the stock looks like lightning hit it and is busted. Anyone know of some one with a barrel for one? I believe it's a Ted Williams

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Think you have a High Standard Supermatic Deluxe. Numrich (gunpartscorp.com) does not list a barrel or stock for these, but you can email them- sometimes they have a few parts in stock they do not list. That is about a $250 shotgun in VG condition, so you may spend more fixing than you could buy one for-

3. jacobee21

jacobee21 New Member

Yeah that's kinda what I was thinking. But it would be nice to shoot some history

4. jacobee21

jacobee21 New Member

Have you ever heard of anyone straightening a barrel?

5. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Shotgun barrels CAN be straightened, depending on how MUCH they are bent, and not if they are crimped at the bend. Takes a gunsmith, not a parts replacer. Usually involves an arbor press, and a couple of big chunks of oak lumber. And a lot of experience.

6. jacobee21

jacobee21 New Member

Yeah I wouldn't try it myself. Just wondering if it was possible

7. akers06

akers06 New Member

I had an ol Stevens single shot .410 and my dad bent the barrel on it on purpose to make it shoot right bc it was shooting way off lol

8. jacobee21

jacobee21 New Member

Hahaha did it work? I think this one would be off about 4-5 inches and that's just at the tip of the barrel. It's bad off.

9. akers06

akers06 New Member

Yea it made it shoot pretty close to perfect