SEAL Team

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by culdee, Aug 9, 2011.

1. culdee

culdee New Member

As we take time to mourn the loss of our brave men at arms, let us also remember who made it publicly known which team killed Bin Laden for political gain. :mad: God bless our troops.

2. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Way to use a large loss of life and war fighting capability to make a political jab. A very weak jab at that. Your a real class act.

3. Thadeuce

Thadeuce New Member

+1. Remember the fallen. Honor their names with praise for a job well done.

4. lonewolf101

lonewolf101 New Member

When are we going to CUT our losses and GET OUT OF THA RAT HOLE! we lost to many men aready.:mad:

5. knfxda

knfxda New Member

Yeah, because the Chinook had a great big "Seal Team 6: We're the ones that got Bil Laden", painted on the side, so the Afghans knew where to shoot.

Totally unneccessary and in practice, the exact opposite sentiment that you may have been trying to convey.

6. anm2_man

anm2_man Member

I sure would like to know who ordered the dispatching of this operation. Why didn't they send a bunch of Predator Drones in ? They keep bragging about how good they are. If not drones, why wasn't the Chinook supported by a bunch of Apache's. I think it was a setup. I would like to see an investigation.

7. Yunus

Yunus New Member

Even when you spend the better part of a Trillion dollars per year on defense, you still don't have unlimited resources. Questioning the politics of being there or not is very fair but it's not fair to question military decisions made by commanders on the ground who are not in control of resources they are given a mission and are commanded to use the resources available to accomplish that mission. As a military man myself I just can't believe that anyone military or CIA or whatever gov agency would take part in a mission to kill 30+ military.

As to why they didn't send in Predator drones, it's because they needed boots on the ground. Predators might do fine providing some close air support but they are not the same as having boots on the ground or an apache or A-10 flying overhead. In this case I have no idea what the mission was but I would bet anything it was not air support, it was something that required people willing/able/capable of doing dangerous **** with a good chance of success.

8. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

Bingo.

The troops on that helo were quick reaction folks on their way to assist some special operations troops who were in a serious firefight. A Taliban terrorist got lucky with his RPG-7, that's all.

At least one of the troops on that helo was a US Army EOD man from Hawaii.

May those brave men rest in Everlasting Peace.

9. IGETEVEN

IGETEVEN New Member

NATO Killed Taliban Insurgents Who Shot Down Chinook Helicopter

"Nato forces killed the Taliban insurgents who shot down a Chinook helicopter on Saturday, which resulted in the death of 38 Afghan and American troops, to inlcude 22 SEAL Team 6 members."

"The commander of U.S. and coalition forces in Afghanistan said coalition forces used a precision airstrike to kill the insurgents involved in the Aug. 6 downing of the helicopter."

NATO Killed Taliban Insurgents Who Shot Down Chinook Helicopter - International Business Times

Never forgotten and always avenged.

Rest peacefully brothers.

10. rigjumpr

rigjumpr New Member

Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited: Aug 10, 2011
  11. culdee

culdee New Member

no tell intel?

Do you honestly think that the taliban doesn't know who is coming and going when you're using afghan interpreters, domestics on bases, etc I remember them arresting a laundry woman in our camp because she was caught drawing a map of our machinegun emplacements, mortar pits etc. That was not the only case either and this was in the days before you had cell phones to transmit the intel.

12. AusLach

AusLach New Member

Mate I'd highly doubt interpreters that handle highly classified and sensiive information are just random blokes off of the street :rolleyes:

13. culdee

culdee New Member

I see your point but I'd highly doubt the Afghan president's brother was a major drug dealer too, but he is. Being a highly intelligent and vetted person does not remove them from the possibility of being an Afghan "patriot". but the real purpose of this post is not to focus on that but on the man so willing to take the glory, the new photo-op of him saluting the dead SEALs released by the whitehouse, and who is now going to be lauded in a film about how he took out Bin Laden. To be released 3 weeks before the election. This is the same man who salutes the flag, or not, as his mood suits. Its all politics with him.

14. knfxda

knfxda New Member

That's a totally different point, that I think is at least possible. I'm responding to the tin foil hat conspiracy that somehow the POTUS, DOD, or the military, etc "had them killed" to silence them because they knew some truth about OBL (which is batsh#t crazy to believe and dishonors our military and the men who died).

15. Cory2

Cory2 New Member

I think the numbers may have been bloated to cover seals lost during the obl raid. I have heard rumors (yes rumors and nothing more) about family members not hearing from their husbands or whatever in the seals since may1st.

This is a conspiracy theory. But it wouldn't surprise me at all, the government goes through a lot of trouble to make the seals seem invincible, so it would make sense they use this as an oppurtunity to cover up some deaths.

16. carbinero

carbinero New Member