Seal Scopes

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by Sergio, Dec 11, 2009.

1. Sergio

Sergio New Member

I've recently been asked to locate, mount and sight a Seal scope for coyote hunting in South Dakota. I'm not familiar with the Seal products. Any suggestions? Thank you. Sergio

2. CCW357

CCW357 New Member

Heres a link to there website. I am not familier with their products.
    Seals Optics

3. Sergio

Sergio New Member

Seals Scopes

Thanks for replying. I located Seals Optics in the Dallas area, about 60 miles from my shop. I ordered a Deer Hunter model in 6-24x50mm. I'll post my impression of their responsiveness and the quaility of the scope. Sergio.

4. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

I personally wouldn't buy crap from them. They have stuff marked as Seal then pictures that show Bushnell products. HUMMMMMMMMMMMMM Makes me worried.

5. yesicarry

yesicarry New Member

Sergio, do a google search yourself.. Models,prices,reliability, ratings and such.
    Then if you find a good deal, let us all know... eh....

6. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

What are you talking about?

Yote hunting is a lot more involved than point shooting your airsoft pistol dude.

7. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Then don't buy anything,Tango. If you don't have any knowledge of the product,don't voice a negative opinion.
    I have had a Seals 3x9x40 scope on my Winchester 94-44 Magnum for several years,and it is a pretty good scope. It has always held a zero,and the glass is decent.
    The only thing that I don't care for is the textured finish that they put on their scopes now.Mine just has a painted matte black finish.

Attached Files:

8. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

All I am saying is that place says they are seal optics but everything I seen was marked Bushnell.

I think Bushnell will have a problem with their products being sold as an off brand.

So explain why most everything had the big .B. on them that bushnell puts on products?

Just looks shady to me.

9. Txhillbilly

Txhillbilly Active Member

Tango,All of the scopes are SEALS products.

10. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

Maybe the scopes are but nothing else are Seal products.

Every single bino on the sight that claims to sell seal products are marked bushnell. All the spotting scopes are marked bushnell and go figure all the laser range finders are marked OMG NONE OTHER than BUSHNELL.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2009
  11. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Hmmm, another one dissapeared!!

12. jpattersonnh

jpattersonnh Active Member

Original post: Quote:
    Originally Posted by CalTechTargets
    A seal scope for shooting coyotes? Wouldent any scope be fine? Just aim and pull the trigger dude.
    What are you talking about?

Yote hunting is a lot more involved than point shooting your airsoft pistol dude.

Do you erase posts at will? Second time today!! DUDE!

13. scooter

scooter New Member

Here is the last time I shot my AR with one of those you ordered, its been a while since I shot it but this was the 5 best of 35

Attached Files:

14. scubaman1

scubaman1 New Member

I recently bought a Seals 6x24x50 OFE and have shot 60rounds thru it. I am satisfied with the clarity and the turret adjustments. The only negative is the occular size at 24x. It is hard to get full field size at 24x. I am using it as a target scope and can take the time to get the full field, but I would not recommend it for hunting for that reason only. It is a very accurate scope and have no problem placing 5 rds in 1.5 inches at 200 yds, using a standard barrel .243 mod 700.