sd40ve or sd9ve

Discussion in 'Smith & Wesson Forum' started by loveguns, Aug 15, 2013.

1. loveguns

loveguns New Member

I was planning on buying a sd40ve or the sd9ve...gunsmiths has told me that these guns have a bad tricker pull....but what about getting a sigma kit..does anyone recommend this gun for protection...

2. rickster

rickster New Member

I owned a Sigma S40ve and even after a trigger job it was still a hard pull and would affect my accuracy. Haven't shot a newer version.

3. StLshooter

StLshooter New Member

I have the sd9ve and I am fairly accurate with it. The trigger pull is long but once I got used to it the gun was accurate. I use my sd9 for home defense and my m&p9c for carry.
    This video sold me on the sd9.

[ame]http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1cleMs8xmqc[/ame]

Last edited: Aug 16, 2013
  4. ebowman446

ebowman446 New Member

I just posted in another thread- get the apex tactical trigger kit. Huuuuuuuge difference. Disclaimer - I'm new to handguns in the last few months- bit before the kit I could barely keep all 14 rounds on paper. Now I can group shots about like I can with my m&p (4-5 inches from 15ish yards).

5. hamiltonjayson

hamiltonjayson New Member

I second the apex kit, it's a MUST have IMO. Love my sd40ve !!!

6. 60mg

60mg New Member

The trigger pull is just one of two problems with Sigma's trigger (regardless of its generation). Also it's the only problem out of those two that can be dealt with. Another one is the reset and that's what's killing follow up shots. I've learned to deal with 8lb ( I dropped it from upper 11ish it had originally) but the reset is the one makes the gun going all over the place when shooting more than one round rapidly. Although the gun is super dependable and easy and I still like it despite these issues I'm planning to upgrade to mp9 the first chance I have and keep Sigma as a nightstand gun.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 5, 2013
  7. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

I just managed to get rid of my 9ve without loosing TOO much money :(
    You should really look into something else - mabe the M&P line ;)

8. Ruger_Nut

Ruger_Nut New Member

Buy both. ;)

9. G30USMC

G30USMC New Member Supporter

There is nothing wrong with the sigmas, had a SW9VE and it was a very good weapon, trigger pull is long, but training and practice, makes it a non issue.

10. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The trigger is very similar to a D/A revolver. That is exactly what it was meant to replicate. Practice, practice, practice. Dry fire.

11. 60mg

60mg New Member

Well there is a way to shorten it a little and make it smoother and lighter but don't expect M&P trigger. Reset will remain long regardless of what you do

12. eatmydust

eatmydust New Member

Buy the 40, I don't own any .40 S&W firearms, but the ammo is readily available all over, unlike 9mm.

13. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Glad to sat 9mm is back around here :D
    Not that I was even in need ;)

14. John_Deer

John_Deer New Member

I am not having any problems finding 9mm ammo. I can get 9mm ammo a lot cheaper than 40 cal ammo. I don't buy my ammo from walmart either. I can get 124 gr Speer gold dots $30 for 50, same price for Hornady 135 gr critical duty . I can get 115 gr FMJ ammo for less than $14 a box. If I want 9mm boutique ammo I can get it without any problems.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2014
  15. 60mg

60mg New Member

^ are you putting that heavier ammo through? What's your experience? I've heard about slides locking up all the way back because the round is so powerful.

Chicago area

16. HOSSFLY

HOSSFLY New Member

Bet you heard that on the internet :p

17. 60mg

60mg New Member

:)

Chicago area