SD40VE by Smith and Wesson

Discussion in 'Semi-Auto Handguns' started by AnotherGunLover, Jun 9, 2012.

1. AnotherGunLover

AnotherGunLover New Member

Does anyone have any experience with the gun or atleast point towards another thread which talks about this gun much appreciated.

2. Executiveprotect

Executiveprotect New Member

Yeah I had the sigma and it was by far a let down being a smith and wesson product, same model too... The trigger sucked majorly and was no better a shot placement that a blind man with a slingshot

3. AnotherGunLover

Damn that sounds bad and I love the comparison u can't get much more accurate than that.

4. Argyle_Armoring

Argyle_Armoring New Member

There's a reason S&W gave them away with a purchase of an M&P 15T. Of course, everyone took the free mags instead of the Sigma because the mags functioned properly and didn't suck.

5. gunnut07

gunnut07 New Member

Got friends with sigmas that love them.

Who is it here that has one he calls it the worlds greatest sigma I think?

6. oli700

oli700 New Member

I have the 9ve. Trigger is heavy, you can polish and change springs or get used to it. Either way, trigger aside the pistol is excellent. It is a copy of a Glock. You can even use some Glock springs to make the trigger a little nicer. I was suppressed how accurately I could shoot mine when I took the time to learn the trigger, then I polished sear and the striker hook, changed the striker spring for a Glock 4#....excellent defensive pistol. I don’t carry mine but it is in the mix , it lives under the coffee table in the front room.

7. mdemotte

mdemotte New Member

The Sigma had been replaced with the SDve line in both 9mm and 40sw. The new line is just hitting the shelves now.. $330 seems to be the average price the trigger had been updated.. So has the accessory rail. Its worth a look!

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

The Sigma is an accurate, reliable, inexpensive pistol that has a heavy trigger. It is not a comnpetition pistol. It is not a Glock, but the grip feels better. People do not complain about a 12 lb D/A revolver trigger, but scream about the Sigma trigger. It was designed to replicate a D/A revolver trigger pull and does so very well. It is not a high end 1911 w/3.5 lb trigger...it works at 1/3 the price. If you only have $400 to spend on a defensive pistol, it works just fine.

9. AnotherGunLover

So in the long rung would I be better off just spending a few extra bucks buck for a sig saur p250 Full size which is also in the budget?

10. gunnut07

gunnut07 New Member

The 250 is a nice firearm. I got my hands on it at SHOT this year. Good solid quality gun. Also look at smiths M&P pistols.

11. AnotherGunLover

Ok I don't if its the same but I'm also big into snakes and I know at shows when I go the breeders and dealers sell them at a significantly lower price. What I want to know is whether or not its the same at gun shows when buying a fire arm?

12. Executiveprotect

I have the p250 and I love it! I paid 348 for it new in the box!

13. AnotherGunLover

Where did u find that at that is the best I have seen so far.

14. Executiveprotect

At fastcash pawn in spartanburg sc. I deal alot with them! That makes pistol number six I have bought from them so.far. In box me if.you want.to ill give you all their info

15. AnotherGunLover

That would be great man and much appreciated