Scubie and Glasshartt are proud parents!

Discussion in 'Firearm Accessories & Gear' started by Dzscubie, Mar 22, 2010.

1. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Well, she finally arrived and I and Glasshartt are the proud parents of a new Centurion Gun Safe and she is beautiful. We have been waiting for her to arrive and she is finally here. Here are a few baby pictures of our new addition.

Attached Files:

2. cpttango30

cpttango30 New Member

sscubie looks like you already need another one.

Mine is over full and I am thinking of adding a stack on cabinet to lock the ammo in so I can put more guns in the safe.

3. dunerunner

dunerunner New Member

Congrats guys, there's some peace of mind there!!

Where are you going to put the next one?? :D

4. amoroque

amoroque New Member

Congrats! She's beautiful!

5. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

That is a wonderful additional to the family. I know that I was MUCH happier once I got a good, rock solid safe on the residence.

That is a seriously thick door you have on there. Excellent choice. Shot Show Special?

6. Davyboy

Davyboy New Member

Congrats

Congrats guys one serious piece of kit. Why not keep the family jewels in there. lol

7. Jo da Plumbr

Jo da Plumbr New Member

Happiness is a full gun safe.

Most excellent!

8. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Actually,, no

Believe it or not it came from Sams Club. It is a rated for 62,000 BTU fire protection for 30 minutes at 1,200 to 1,400 degrees. It has 5 1 inch security locking bolts and anti-drill triple hard plate. It also has lifetime warranty free replacement on fire and attempted break-in. The safe was $688 so I think I got a good deal.

9. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Do you know how much it weighs?

10. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

520 pounds, used a forklift to put in the truck and a friend brought his forklift to the house to unload it, then 3 of us manhandled it into place.

11. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

Are you going to anchor it into the floor? The reason I ask is because I need one, too, but don't want to anchor it to the floor where I am. At 520 lbs., it's hard to think anyone could get away with it, anchored or not!

12. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Lon,

It has the capability to be anchored to the floor but I don't think I will. Believe me 520 lbs is way too much for one or even two men to move and I don't think they could lift it into a car or truck and sure as hell won't carry it down the road. I really like this one. It also has a master code lock but you can put up to 9 additional individual user codes also so each member of the family can have their own combination.

13. lonyaeger

lonyaeger New Member

I'm on it, thanks Shawn.

14. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Guys - The reason for anchoring it to the floor isn't so someone can't lift it up and steal the whole thing.

You might want to watch this: 1:44 seconds that will change your view of gun safes.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXySHf9JSxc]YouTube - Quality Gun Safes[/ame]

15. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Thanks JD good information. I'm a little surprised at how easy they were able to tip that safe over, it looks like it didn't weigh very much. I may have to re-consider anchoring her.

16. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

Scubie, that is the problem with rectangular, upright safes. They may weigh "X", but they have a small footprint.

Granted, the safe in the video was probably empty, since there was no need to show the damage to contents, but being close to 5.5 or 6 feet high, it would not take much. Once on it's back, it's going to be much easier to stab and pry.

That is why I bought a seriously heavy model and it is anchored to the concrete in four places. I don't even think Benning's Loins of Power could move that big bastard. ;)

17. Dzscubie

Dzscubie New Member

Again thanks JD, having friends like y'all on this forum and being able to take advantage of the wealth of knowledge here is why I so enjoy being here. Again thanks for looking out for us. :D

18. Dillinger

Dillinger New Member

No problem brother! Glad to help. Kudos to you for getting a good safe for responsible gun ownership. ;)

19. CA357

CA357 New Member Supporter

20. stalkingbear

stalkingbear Active Member

Congrats on the addition to the family. I'd (and did) anchor it to the floor at least-even better anchored to the floor AND wall.