SCOTUS Rules On Domestic Violence Case

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by alsaqr, Mar 26, 2014.

1. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

BAD: SCOTUS Rules On Domestic Violence Case

The US Supreme Court has overturned the ruling of a federal appeals court. No guns for those convicted of domestic violence.

http://www.startribune.com/politics/252450641.html

Last edited: Mar 26, 2014
  2. orangello

orangello New Member

Weaksauce!

This is another reason to be thoughtful about who you cohabitate with; DV isn't just between a husband and wife.

3. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

WTF is the SCOTUS going to do about DV that involves the use of hands, feet, table lamps, bricks, steak knives, and just about anything else that can be picked up by the person doing it???? I forgot to mention vehicles, sorry. :mad:

This is just their way to suck a$$ with Obubblehead!!

4. WonderingMind

WonderingMind New Member

I would like to see an Amendment to the Constitution that would allow a super majority of state governors overrule the SCOTUS. If 38 state governors think that the ruling was bad then it was likely bad. I would also like to see that amendment have a provision for placing all seven SCOTUS justices on the presidential ballot, with the person who gets the MOST votes being removed from the bench. This would allow each POTUS to get to appoint a Justice and it would allow the citizenry at large to directly influence the makeup of the SCOTUS. I think that if such a system were in place the unconstitutionality of the ACA would have been recognized by the court.

I am tired of the tyranny coming out of all branches of government. I withdraw my consent to be governed by these thugs and criminals. The only reason I will make a proforma show of compliance to all the unconstitutional law, rules and regulations that are forced down my throat is that I fear the coercive power of the state.

5. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

This decision puts the lie to "a Republican president will appoint Supreme Court justices who will protect our Second Amendment rights.":mad:

6. tiberius10721

tiberius10721 New Member

Yep no difference between the parties we are better off forming our own militias and governing ourselves

7. TDS92A

TDS92A New Member Supporter

How about we disband the SCOTUS. Let the cases be heard in the states where they occurred. Have a Supreme Court in each state. Problem solved.

8. WonderingMind

WonderingMind New Member

I think that would also require an Amendment or a Civil War to implement. I would if left up to me avoid the Civil War if I can, but if the next couple of elections don't swing right then it may be unavoidable. Personally I would rather see the Amendment I suggested above.

EDIT: How about adding this to the Amendment I suggested, allow the Governor of a state where the case originates to override a SCOTUS decision if the case dose not involve a Constitutional issue?

Last edited: Mar 27, 2014
  9. RJMercer

RJMercer New Member

DV is such a broad and easily misinterpreted subject that we could easily see it spill over into things that are clearly not DV to any reasonable cogent adult.
    EX: Your 17 year old kid has a halfwit aquaintance that puts you in a fight or flight situation that demands you defend yourself. Congratulations, you are guilty of DV for having the audacity to defend yourself on your own property.

10. wittmeba

wittmeba New Member

The old game "Clue" was much more fun. There were only a couple of items used for the murder - Lead Pipe, Wrench, Rope, Knife, Candlestick, Pistol (I think it was a 1911).

I guess for the new versions we would have to create a new cast - Senators, Congressmen, Governors! And the room - White House :) :) :)