SCOTUS Reins in FBI

Discussion in 'Legal and Activism' started by alsaqr, Mar 7, 2012.

1. alsaqr

alsaqr Well-Known Member Supporter

In a ruling of 6-4 in The US vs. Jones; SCOTUS overturned a conviction based partially on information obtained from a GPS that was placed without first obtaining a warrant. As a result, the FBI has turned off 3,000 GPS and are attempting to remove the devices.

This may have a sobering effect on the cowboys at the FBI who run roughshod over the Constitutional rights of US citizens.

http://news.yahoo.com/supreme-court-ruling-prompts-fbi-turn-off-3-154046722--abc-news.html

Well, duh, you dumb bastard; just get off your fat ass and convince a judge to give you a warrant.

2. Chandler51

Chandler51 New Member

Blew my root beer out my nose when I read this line!!!!

Hilarious! :D

3. dog2000tj

dog2000tj New Member

I'm glad to see a ruling like this one that upholds the peoples rights. Though it bothers me to hear the head of the FBI rationalize their mentality,

If they lack enough probably cause for a warrant than maybe they shouldn't be keeping eyes on these "number of people'? Plus, I'd like to hear what constitutes their reasoning for someone to considered a "threat of terrorism" :cool:

4. AcidFlashGordon

AcidFlashGordon New Member

Maybe people like us? Gun-owning Americans who support the right to bear arms (Second Amendment)?

5. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

Old news. Warrantless GPS placement has been illegal for some time in Texas.

6. alsaqr

Great: Now its illegal nationally.

7. Mason609

Mason609 New Member

But, do you really think that the spoiled brats that don't play well with the other children will REALLY care?

8. robocop10mm

robocop10mm Lifetime Supporting Member Lifetime Supporter

They might when their agents start going to jail in Texas and a few others that have the appropriate statutes.

9. Mason609

Mason609 New Member

Possibly. But I think they're willing to sacrifice a few agents here and there. But, then again, I'm cynical...

10. alsaqr

Bingo.

The FBI appears to be concerned about this SCOTUS ruling: They no longer have the federal security blanket, especially in states like TX. They shut down 3,000 GPS units for fear of losing those cases.

11. BenLuby

BenLuby New Member

Feds have already proven they could care less about any officer. Fast and the Furious comes to mind.