Score !!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'AR-15 Discussion' started by purehavoc, Nov 20, 2012.

1. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Score !!!!!!!!! Colt guys this ones for you :)

Finally got them picked up today ,
    Colt 20" HBAR 1:7 5.56 assembly minus gas tube
    and a Colt 16: 1:9 5.56 HBAR upper minus CH and BCG , C marked forged upper also
    For a whopping $300 total .
    All you colt guys help me out here on what I really have because Im not a Colt guy and really have no idea what I have. The flash hider on the 16" is more of a compensator with 3 set screw in it , the machined slots do not go all the way thru and its pretty solid all the way to the end .
    Shiney handguards on the 20" and small hand guards on the 16"
    The upper on the 16" is small pin so it does fit my current lowers

PICS

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2012
  2. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

fogets whats on the outside of it.

how's the bore and chamber? do you have a go/no go gauge?

3. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

The man bought these both new he said over 10 yrs ago he couldnt remember how much longer than that . he estimated 200 rds thru the 20" and less than 100 rds thru the 16" . bore and chamber are clean but the carry handle was nasty dirty with dust . Got to check them out on the go/ no , just got home with them ;) flash gider and muzzle brake were really pretty clean so I would say they have either been kept clean prisitine or not much use. The guy told me to take a look and checkthem out over the next few days and if Im not satisfied with them he would give me my $$$ back and had another buyer . No worries for the $300 I have in them they arent going back with that little use. i dont think the 20" barrel is cut for M4 ramps they arent as wide or as long as the 16" ramps. I will get more pics up tonight , dont worry

4. orangello

orangello New Member

SWEET! No squirrel will be safe.
    ;)

5. AgentTikki

AgentTikki New Member

Nice score man!

what'ya got planned for them babies?

6. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

In all honesty, I already have plans for the 20" and started building it tonight . The 16" I'm planning on selling to fund my. 300 blk

7. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

The 16" is for sure a HBAR the 20" is not a HBAR after removing the handguards , the 16" has a date code of 3/96 the 20" does not have a date, it just has a 15 stamped in the same area in which the date code would be ,which leaves me stumped for a production date , I believe its a standard A2 20" match barrel since its a 1:7 . The ramps are M4 ramps as I put it in a mil spec upper and everything matched great .Any Colt guys out there have any info for me ?

8. purehavoc

purehavoc New Member

Heres the 16" mounted up , I really like the gray look of the upper . Now I just need the rifle stock , standard grip , trigger guard and put the 20" barrel on the colt upper so I can keep it all colt and put the 16" on one of the other stripped uppers

[​IMG]