Firearms Talk banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a scope mounted on my .22 and it keeps sliding back whenever I fire because of the recoil. I have tried tightening the screws on it all the way but it still slides back, does anyone know a way to deal with this problem easily?

Thanks

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
It sounds like your rings are too loose. Is the ring screws bottoming out before they tighten on scope? Either get another set of rings,mill about .0020-0050 off ring,or get/make inserts to go between scope and rings,shorten screws slightly, assuming you have a 1" scope tube and 1" rings.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Your rings are no good. I`ve never heard of haveing recoil trouble with a .22 rimfire, but bad ring are the only thing it could be.

·
Banned
13,934 Posts
You could have the wrong rings on the rifle. Rimfire rifles with a intragal scope mount on them will have smaller dove tail than a centerfire rifle. Look midwayusa.com and you will see that there are special rings for the 22 and air rifles.

My dad made this mistake once. On a marlin in 22mag. I was out shooting and missed a jack at 25 yards 5 times before the scope fell off in my hand.

·
Registered
937 Posts
What kind of scope? What kind of rings? If it is a quality scope, call the manufacturer and ask their customer service folks. I once worked at Leupold, and that sounds like a quick fix.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts