Scope Mounting Options: SKS w/Dragunov Poly Stock

Discussion in 'AK & SKS Discussion' started by gorknoids, Dec 23, 2011.

1. gorknoids

gorknoids New Member

Currently (As in, it ain't gonn'a run until I git 'er fixed) my Russki SKS has a dust cover-mounted 4X25 on a Leapers bracket. Or it did until today. This was my second outing with it, and it was a train wreck. Suffice to say that the replacement dust cover wasn't to spec, locked up the bolt carrier, and at some point my scope was compromised and now it's fogged. I would like to mount optics on this mofo which don't require 21 pieces of hardware (I counted them) simply to secure it. Anyway, my weak-tit eyes need some help, and I'm looking for some other way to see a couple hundred yards without something which is designed to beat the crap out of itself. Reinstalled the original dust cover and the action works like buttah.

2. airline

airline New Member

You will need a short scope about 4 in long, and an L shape bracket to go over the dust cover. I have the same problem and i and thinking about to mount a short handgun scope.

3. airline

airline New Member

You see with the long - standard rifle scope mouted on SKS you will not be able to use a loading strips. Scope will be on the way, and cover ablut 2 inch of the bolt. This is why I am looking for a shoter scope to mount on my SKS.