Scope for my Savage rifle

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by Garadex, May 27, 2011.

1. Garadex

Garadex New Member

I have the Savage model 93 and was wondering is Simmons 3-9x32 .22 Mag Rifle Scope a good scope to get for plinking anywhere from 25-100 yards? Also what are some good scope mounts that I should get for it?

2. Garadex

Garadex New Member

So no one has any experience with simmons if you do I woud very highly appreciate feedback.

3. winds-of-change

winds-of-change The Balota's Staff Member

I think I know someone here who just might have some experience with a Simmons scope. I PM'd him and brought this thread to his attention. He'll respond if he knows anything about using a Simmons scope but probably not until tomorrow.

4. Garadex

Garadex New Member

Thank you for the help as you can see I have been waiting for about two months and I really appreciate your generosity.

5. Shihan

Shihan Active Member Lifetime Supporter

I am far from an authority on scopes, all I can offer is my experience with a Simmons. I have an old Simmons Deerfield 3x9, that was mounted on a Savage Model 64, it was a good performer held zero was clear and left outside for a couple days in the high humidity and had no issues with fogging or moisture, can say so about the rifle. I now have it mounted on a Mini-14 and so far it is performing well.

I am sure there are better scopes out there, but I am a man with a limited budget and for just plinking, I see nothing wrong with it.

Others may have different opinions.

6. gocritter

gocritter New Member

Simmons is a great blue collar working mans scope, I,my son, and some friends all have them on 223s and they work well. $2000 glass on $300 rifles only makes sense to people with money to waste.