Scope adjustment limititations?

Discussion in 'Optics & Mounts' started by Hectocotylus, May 19, 2013.

1. Hectocotylus

Hectocotylus New Member

I recently mounted a scope on a .22 I have. It is my only scoped weapon. Currently it shoots about 2 feet high at a hundred yards. That means I have to turn the adjustment knob a heck of a long way to get it down to where it should be shooting. Is there a limit to how far I can adjust a scope? Can I break it doing this? I feel like a noob with these things.
    Thanks for the help

2. c3shooter

c3shooter Administrator Staff Member

Yes, there are limits on L-R and Up-Dn. When you get to the end and keep turning, the snap noise tells you- "You screwed up!"

2 ft high at 100 yds is serious off parallell. Rather than wringing off the control knobs, would go back and check mounts. Fully seated? Tight? if front and rear rings are interchangable, try swapping them and see what happens.

And, as always......

PICTURES, MAN! WE NEED PICTURES! :D

3. Hectocotylus

Hectocotylus New Member

Thank you! As usual c3 you are right. I didn't check my scope mounts. I put them on wrong...clearly. Here is the pic to prove how clever I am...

image-3587056145.jpg

4. Cattledog

Cattledog New Member

LOL! Hey, it happens. I once (a lifetime ago) burned about 100 rds of .22lr adjusting a scope that was mounted fine but the scope rail on the receiver was all loosy goosy. D'oh!:eek:

Glad you got it worked out.