School suspends student for picture of a gun.

Discussion in 'The Club House' started by Shade, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Shade

Shade New Member

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  2. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

He needs to save the new Barack "Skeeter" Obama pic and make that his desktop background. That should create a bit of a conundrum for these So-called educators.

3. nitestalker

nitestalker New Member

The Far Left teachers Union has no regard for personal freedoms. They follow the Marxist plan of banning anything they disagree with. They are using a long term project to turn citizens against individual Freedoms in America and not just firearms.:(

4. mcb

mcb New Member

Political correctness run amok. One little nudge at a time.

5. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

If guns cause violence, then maybe labor unions cause communism!

6. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

Reminds me of sophomore year in high school....I had just gotten my new Browning 425 and I wanted to show my friend...We sat next to each other in English class and we had a free period so I just googled it real quick to show him what it looked like.

Just then my English teacher walked by and basically said "Oh my god, are you a terrorist or something?! You can't do that in school!"

I was sent to the principal's office (he is ex air force so he was pretty understanding about the whole guns thing) and he just told me that it wasn't a big deal. He knew that along with me, something like 13 other kids in the high school were competitive shooters.

Also: We had a school bulletin board where we could post student success stories...My buddy bowled his first 300 in the town league so they posted it....My 3 person squad (Girl from school, my brother, and I) took 1st place at the NYS sporting clays shoot....I gave them the article and they said they couldn't post it...

Nor did they take my senior photo for the year book because it was me with my shotgun over my shoulder....

Nor did they put my senior directory in the year book because I mentioned shooting....

7. KG7IL

KG7IL Active Member

I'm sure that my Grandson's (4, 6, 7,9 and 10) will cause an uproar. They all like to meet at gramma and grampa's house and play nerf guns. Typical boys, they will even turn a small stick, or a barbie doll into a gun for play.

Now they all know about real guns, they get constant drills on 'what do you do if you see a real gun' and 'when you get older we'll shoot together'.

None of them have much time for anti-gunners. Great kids. Just like me when I was a kid. and I grew up a law-abiding citizen.

8. Sand_Squid

Sand_Squid New Member

Seems like the young lad's freedom of speech was violated. Don't the teach Bills of Rights the Constitution stuff like that.

9. Zombiegirl

Zombiegirl New Member

I cannot fully comment because none of us know the full story but in our District our students and parents signs forms stating that the school computers are for academic use ONLY. Perhaps there was a clause in their computer policy that had something in there about this and it may of had nothing to do with the firearm. You never know. If our kids put things on the computers or add screensavers, they lose access to the school computers because of viruses etc. should he have been suspended, no. Did he sign something stating that was a possibility if he misused the computer......possibly.

10. Shade

Shade New Member

Boy have times changed...

I graduated in '85, My buddy and I would bail out of school and head to the
    woods from school to deer hunt. One time we had our cased guns in the
    back of his pick up with a box of slugs. About 3rd period we both get called
    to the Principal's office. He meets at the door and says, "Follow me." We
    walk out to the truck, he points to the guns and says, "Boys do me a favor
    and cover up those guns so I done get bothered by busy bodies..." He turns
    and walks away, with the parting comment, "Good luck hunting."

Today the SWAT team would be called and we would
    be tried for trumped up charges...

11. locutus

locutus Well-Known Member Supporter

In my school, on opening days we brought our shotguns in and stored them in the cloakroom.

They had to be unloaded in a canvas case of course. We didn't have cars or pickups, so we carried them over the handlebars of our bicycles.

12. Fathead00

Fathead00 New Member

His freedom of speech wasn't violated. Is it his computer? There are rules when you are at school and if you break a rule $hit happens. If it's not YOUR property don't f**k with it.

13. Overkill0084

Overkill0084 Active Member

Really?
    Which was this?? Offensive, harassing, threatening or illegal? Do you actually think this sort of thing would be permitted in a place where the term "Due Process" actually meant anything? They don't say he can't have personal stuff on the computer. He simply can't violate the stated criteria. Which IMHO, he didn't. Because someone doesn't like guns doesn't suddenly make the image of a gun offensive, harassing,threatening or illegal. By that standard, the evening news must be pure hell to these morons. It just means that some wuss got their knickers in a twist. BTW, isn't the backdrop some sort of Commie flag? Shouldn't that be OK in our school when used in the context of oppressed workers throwing off the yoke of capitalism? The people who pulled this have to be communists, that image should warm their pathetic little hearts.

I suppose that my 1911 gun mat being used as a mouse pad at my govt workplace suddenly turned into a hostile work environment to any bed wetting gun hater that walks past? Is that fair?

[​IMG]

Try this crap off campus. Fed Govt IT pricks wouldn't even try that with an image that benign.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2013
  14. Rick1967

Rick1967 Well-Known Member

My son is in 8th grade. He is a big time xbox player. He is also a real shooter. We hunted elk for the first time last October. Anyway, he sometimes wears shirts with video game pictures on them. Call of duty, Black ops...stuff like that. I have never seen anything from the school that says they are not allowed. Some have pics of guns. Some dont. There is one teacher that keeps harrasing him. She told him that he cant wear them. He told me about it. I asked if anyone else has said anything. He said no. She has said it about a bunch of his shirts. But again no one else has said a word. He came home on Friday and said that the teacher said the same thing about his Halo shirt. She told him that it advertises for a violent video game. It just has the name Halo on it with a lightning bolt looking thing on the shirt. There is no gun or anything on it. I told him to continue wearing his shirts. I said that the next time she says something that he is to politely tell her that he is exercizing his first amendment rights.

15. sparky80

sparky80 New Member

Don't exactly know all of the details to this story but, I am so TIRED of teachers pushing THEIR beliefs on kids. Especially mine! My oldest daughter is still uncomfortable with guns because of crap on TV and what is taught in schools. I am working on this but, it's scary how deeply engrained some of these feelings are. And it's not only guns it's everything. Rant over.

16. ResidentialPyro

ResidentialPyro New Member

My junior year of high school I had to do a marketing plan for one of my business classes so I picked to sell a rifle to new hunters/shooters and was told by the teacher (country born and raised with a husband who is an advid hunter) that it was fine with her but if push came to shove I would need to find something different. My younger brother who is in middle school is doing a big project on Samuel Colt and the Colt company and is doing everything he can to be able to keep it.

17. TimL2952

TimL2952 New Member

I know what ya mean, Pyro.

In 8th grade we had to do a project on which invention(s) were most influential in history...The printing press was taken so I did mine on how firearms and weapons influence history through wars/assassinations etc. etc.

Everyone thought I was nuts lol

18. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

I'd be visiting that teacher myself I believe

19. chloeshooter

chloeshooter New Member

which is exactly why I don't want to arm them! (would strongly prefer armed security at schools, not armed bleeding hearts)

20. Chase127

Chase127 New Member

I was home schooled for several years then went to a local CHRISTIAN school mostly so i could play football.I live in Alabama so we don't have quite as many demwhits(democrats) to cause trouble but the state educational system is slowly trying to push their agenda and attempting to brainwash the student body.i do not have any children oneday God willing i will Marry and have a family i think i will at the least send my kids to private school if not homeschool them.